Author Topic: McCain: Americans 'stupid' enough to go to North Korea should sign a waiver with the US government  (Read 792 times)

rangerrebew

McCain: Americans 'stupid' enough to go to North Korea should sign a waiver with the US government
by Leah DePiero | Jun 20, 2017, 12:53 PM

Sen. John McCain said Tuesday that Americans who are "stupid" enough to travel to North Korea should be required to sign a waiver that would absolve the U.S. government from blame if the travelers suffer harm while there.

"There should at least be a form for them to fill out that says, ‘If I go to North Korea, I understand I am taking a great risk, and I do not hold the American government responsible," McCain said according to the Associated Press.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/mccain-americans-stupid-enough-to-go-to-north-korea-should-sign-a-waiver-with-the-us-government/article/2626502
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 05:17:56 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Isn't it interesting McLame didn't like Trump saying he wasn't a hero for, basically, being stupid enough to get caught by the enemy.  Now here he calls someone who just came back from N. Korea, in a coma, and later died, stupid.  Talk about hypocrisy.

Offline anubias

Isn't it interesting McLame didn't like Trump saying he wasn't a hero for, basically, being stupid enough to get caught by the enemy.  Now here he calls someone who just came back from N. Korea, in a coma, and later died, stupid.  Talk about hypocrisy.

I despise that man. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
He's right. Stupid has consequences.

This is no different than Rachel (Pancakes) Corrie.

Offline libertybele

I can't believe he would make such a cold and uncaring statement.  My heart goes out to the family.  McCain belongs in Hillary's basket of deplorables.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Young people do stupid things sometimes.    A good leader would show grace instead of something like this.

McLame, its time for you to retire and lock yourself in a padded room.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I can't believe he would make such a cold and uncaring statement.  My heart goes out to the family.  McCain belongs in Hillary's basket of deplorables.

Such an odd and unpleasant thing to say after the death of that young man.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Can the government sign a waiver with the public every time it does something stupid, that we won't be responsible for paying for it or cleaning it up?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Can the government sign a waiver with the public every time it does something stupid, that we won't be responsible for paying for it or cleaning it up?

Anyone who goes on a prop communist propaganda tour to NK is lucky to survive past childhood to begin with.

People might want to learn a little something about the young pioneers who have a long history as a pro communist youth organization. If people want to be angry at someone they should look to them.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I support the idea of warning and notification of potential travelers. They endanger the lives of the good troops that might have to go attempt to rescue them.

I believe that is where McCain is coming from. I realize it is standard echo chamber to always go against McCain, even when he is right.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

I support the idea of warning and notification of potential travelers. They endanger the lives of the good troops that might have to go attempt to rescue them.

I believe that is where McCain is coming from. I realize it is standard echo chamber to always go against McCain, even when he is right.

Perhaps the government shouldn't have allowed him or any 'ordinary' civilian to travel to N. Kore in the first place.  As for McCain; his comment was insensitive and a slap in the face to his parents, other family members and friends.  McCain was WRONG for calling him stupid!  He is being such a cold SOB about the situation.  Really no different than if he would have died after he was released from being a POW and some a***hole made a similar remark.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 09:41:58 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
McCain's right. That makes it twice.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline anubias

Perhaps the government shouldn't have allowed him or any 'ordinary' civilian to travel to N. Kore in the first place.  As for McCain; his comment was insensitive and a slap in the face to his parents, other family members and friends.  McCain was WRONG for calling him stupid!  He is being such a cold SOB about the situation.  Really no different than if he would have died after he was released from being a POW and some a***hole made a similar remark.

Yes ma'am.  While I somewhat agree with the premise, the man was still a teen when he went.  To make such a remark after the young man's death is unconscionable.