Archives > Briefing Room TV

My list of movies and tv series... lots of older films. 100 total

<< < (25/26) > >>

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: TomSea on February 29, 2020, 09:43:16 pm ---@sneakypete

Very serious question and a question for whomever cares to answer,  the local home goods store also has a good selection of about everything,

They have all seasons of that CBS Vietnam war drama, "Tour of Duty", it certainly gets positive reviews from users at IMDB.

--- End quote ---

I wish I could advise you but I don't remember ever seeing it.

TomSea:
Here's the pilot for "Tour of Duty", it looks like youtube has a lot of them.  I did go ahead and purchase the series at Menards if anyone is curious where I found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB14WJPPtB0

My rating after watching about 8 of them,  better than at least 80% if not more,  of the war movies out there, up to some of the present day movies. Someone reviewed it as "Combat II", that's pretty accurate if anyone saw some of the old Combats, that was a good series. Just my view on all this.

I'd have to watch the credits more closely but the series seemed to have been made in cooperation with the Army.

Oh, and it was about $5 less than I said above.

From wikipedia, year 1 was filmed in Hawaii, so maybe that's why it often seems like a true depiction, not that I'm an expert.  That was costly, so the next years' episodes apparently were filmed in California. I have not gotten to season 2 yet. Also, with ABC's "China Beach" that had women in more prominent roles, apparently, "Tour of Duty" felt the need to get women into the script in following years.

corbe:

Hoodat:
Don't think these have been mentioned yet.

Movie - What's Up Doc?

TV Show - Barney Miller

TomSea:
No time like this present stay-at-home time to catch up on some movies.  "Operation Finale"? That was something... I don't want to mention too many movies, I've got "China Syndrome" on tap.. "China Syndrome" is a heralded movie despite Jane Fonda being in it, a nuclear reactor IN THE USA melts down, <--- something like this, I still have not watched it, maybe I won't. I'll see if it catches my attention.  And I have a few of my own to watch as well.   And I've definitely reading material too, everything in moderation.

A week ago, April 5th, was the birthdate of Gregory Peck. I tried to find somewhere here to post about that but couldn't find the right area. Good actor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version