Author Topic: Actress Carrie Fisher had cocaine, heroin in system, autopsy shows  (Read 938 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – “Star Wars” actress Carrie Fisher had traces of cocaine, heroin and party drug MDMA, also known as ecstasy, in her system when she died suddenly in December, according to a full autopsy report released on Monday.

The autopsy report from the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner could not ascertain what effect the cocaine and other drugs may have had on her system.

Coroner’s officials ruled on Friday that the death of the “Star Wars” actress was due to sleep apnea and other causes.

Fisher died at age 60 on Dec. 27, four days after she went into cardiac arrest on a flight from London to Los Angeles.

She had a long history of cocaine addiction in the 1980s and she also suffered from bipolar disorder. Although Fisher had spoken openly about her battle with addiction, it was not known that she had ongoing issues with drugs.

Fisher had likely taken the cocaine some 72 hours before she was admitted to the hospital in Los Angeles, according to Monday’s autopsy and toxicology report.

“The significance of the cocaine (regarding the cause of death) cannot be established at this time,” the report said. “We cannot establish the significance of the multiple substances that were detected in Ms. Fisher’s blood and tissue with regard to the cause of death.”

The officials said they could not pinpoint the time of exposure to the small amount of heroin found in Fisher’s system, along with the MDMA and other opiates.

http://www.oann.com/actress-carrie-fisher-had-cocaine-heroin-in-system-autopsy-shows/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Actress Carrie Fisher had cocaine, heroin in system, autopsy shows
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 07:26:15 pm »
She had drug problems her entire life from what I've read.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 07:27:55 pm »
She had drug problems her entire life from what I've read.

I was honestly surprised when I read this.  I thought she had put those problems in her past and was clean and sober by all reports.

Guess she hadn't chased those demons away as completely as we'd been led to believe.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 07:37:21 pm »
Poor lass.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 07:47:46 pm »
Really messed up. I can't say I've heard of anyone her age taking Ecstacy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 07:53:58 pm »
None of our business.

Silver Pines

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 11:24:31 am »
I'm more surprised by the fact that she had sleep apnea than the drugs in her system.  I thought most apnea cases were due to obesity.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 12:04:21 pm »
Wow. What a party girl.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 01:18:18 pm »
I'm more surprised by the fact that she had sleep apnea than the drugs in her system.  I thought most apnea cases were due to obesity.

Most apnea cases are, but not all.  Some are neurological, and for obstructive sleep apnea, it doesn't take much obesity for it to occur...looser skin as we age and personal anatomical configuration can play a great role.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Silver Pines

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 01:48:29 pm »
Most apnea cases are, but not all.  Some are neurological, and for obstructive sleep apnea, it doesn't take much obesity for it to occur...looser skin as we age and personal anatomical configuration can play a great role.

I see.  Thanks, @Suppressed.