Author Topic: Pirro Blasts GOP: 'You're In Power - Do Something' to Pass Trump Agenda  (Read 12537 times)

Offline libertybele

Great commentary and she is absolutely correct.  It is a slap in the face that we have a super majority yet the RINO's in Congress are still hell bent on their agenda and refuse to listen to or respect the voice of the people and it is very disheartening that they do not respect this President.  The fact that there are very few conservatives and very few who actually want to move this country in a positive direction is starkly obvious.

Pirro Blasts GOP: 'You're In Power - Do Something' to Pass Trump Agenda

In her Opening Statement, Judge Jeanine Pirro criticized Republican lawmakers for essentially sitting on their hands while Democrats "railroad" President Trump.

Pirro said there is a "subtle Republican plot" to bring down Trump and install another establishment Republican president similar to George Bush or 2008 nominee Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).

"It's the biggest danger to the country," she said. "Other than Newt Gingrich, few if any Republican politicians vociferously support their president."

Pirro said the establishment is fine with seeing Trump be "railroaded" by Democrats day in and day out.

"Think about it. If he's knocked out, the succession is clear and things go back to the way they were," she said.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/18/donald-trump-republicans-judge-jeanine-pirro-pass-bills-investigate-hillary-bill-clinton#&_intcmp=hplnws12,latestnews
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 01:39:36 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
 :amen: judge!   :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

I don't know much about Pence, but I shutter to think of a President Ryan or Hatch.  I can't help but reflect back on hearing Ryan's speech after President Trump's inauguration, amazed by all the lies that came out of his mouth.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
More than two terms and most of them turn into

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

This is what the Republican party has become, naked for all to see. At least those willing to see...

Online kevindavis007

The reality is this:

Our form of Government was not meant to ram things down people's throat.. The Dems did this with Obamacare, guess what they paid for it.  If a lot of people on our side really actually relearn basic Civics maybe we would ignore morons like Pirro.

The only way things get our way is if we have a Parliamentary for of Government (which is not wise), then I suggest we all understand on how this Government works.

Not the fantasy world but the real world..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Oceander

Great commentary and she is absolutely correct.  It is a slap in the face that we have a super majority yet the RINO's in Congress are still hell bent on their agenda and refuse to listen to or respect the voice of the people and it is very disheartening that they do not respect this President.  The fact that there are very few conservatives and very few who actually want to move this country in a positive direction is starkly obvious.

In her Opening Statement, Judge Jeanine Pirro criticized Republican lawmakers for essentially sitting on their hands while Democrats "railroad" President Trump.

Pirro said there is a "subtle Republican plot" to bring down Trump and install another establishment Republican president similar to George Bush or 2008 nominee Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).

"It's the biggest danger to the country," she said. "Other than Newt Gingrich, few if any Republican politicians vociferously support their president."

Pirro said the establishment is fine with seeing Trump be "railroaded" by Democrats day in and day out.

"Think about it. If he's knocked out, the succession is clear and things go back to the way they were," she said.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/18/donald-trump-republicans-judge-jeanine-pirro-pass-bills-investigate-hillary-bill-clinton#&_intcmp=hplnws12,latestnews

The GOP does not have a supermajority in Congress. 

Online kevindavis007

The GOP does not have a supermajority in Congress.

Also, whoever says that is lying..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Great commentary and she is absolutely correct.  It is a slap in the face that we have a super majority yet the RINO's in Congress are still hell bent on their agenda and refuse to listen to or respect the voice of the people and it is very disheartening that they do not respect this President.

And there you have it. It's not the fault of the Dims anymore that our country is swirling in the toilet bowl,it IS the fault of the alleged Republican insiders that resent an outsider coming in and taking the top spot without decades of kissing rings.

I will personally not vote for or contribute as much as ONE THIN DIME to ANY alleged Republican that doesn't support Trump,regardless of who is running against them.

If we are going to have a country heading downhill to revolution,let's go ahead and have it. The sooner the  better.

I am an AMERICAN,NOT a Republican OR a Dim Party Creature.

The fact that there are very few conservatives and very few who actually want to move this country in a positive direction is starkly obvious.

They are not conservatives. They are self-serving Party People who care more about their own status and power than they do the welfare and survival of America.

Pirro said there is a "subtle Republican plot" to bring down Trump and install another establishment Republican president similar to George Bush or 2008 nominee Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.)

I disagree. There is nothing subtle about it. They aren't even trying to hide what they are doing or why they are doing it It's all about protecting their own positions and power.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 12:54:27 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The reality is this:

Our form of Government was not meant to ram things down people's throat.. The Dems did this with Obamacare, guess what they paid for it.  If a lot of people on our side really actually relearn basic Civics maybe we would ignore morons like Pirro.

The only way things get our way is if we have a Parliamentary for of Government (which is not wise), then I suggest we all understand on how this Government works.

Pirro is the paid propagandist pig who started screaming that people have to support "Trump the presumptive  nominee" after the Vermont primary or they were committing treason.

She's garbage with a foot fetish.

Offline Smokin Joe

The reality is this:

It is very difficult in this day and age for the people in Congress to actually know what the people want. Not only are they in the echo chamber of the inner Beltway, but subjected to the results of biased and rigged polls as well as very vocal astroturf campaigns. Add in any filtering by staffers who might harbor bias, and what they hear and what we think might be two very different things.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is what the Republican party has become, naked for all to see. At least those willing to see...

@DB

Yeah,and the last sentence is the key one. Our true enemies have not stuck their heads up out of the fog where we can see and identify them,

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The reality is this:

@kevindavis

Judge Pirro isn't the moron. The morons are the blind sheep Party People. Know anyone like that?

Oceander

@kevindavis

Judge Pirro isn't the moron. The morons are the blind sheep Party People. Know anyone like that?

I do; they generally follow the Donald quite slavishly.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The reality is this:

This post will be vilified or ignored.  But that doesn't change its truthfulness. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
It is very difficult in this day and age for the people in Congress to actually know what the people want. Not only are they in the echo chamber of the inner Beltway, but subjected to the results of biased and rigged polls as well as very vocal astroturf campaigns. Add in any filtering by staffers who might harbor bias, and what they hear and what we think might be two very different things.

The demands for party loyalty should not override the duty for loyalty to their constituents.

Nothing irritates me more than seeing a conservative flap their gums about federalism then turn around and try to remove someone else's congressman. It tends to be a massive waste of time, money, and energy that could be better spent on productive things.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

That and the fact that very few give a damn what you or I think! They have one interest that transcends all others and that is getting re-elected and the money guys over on K Street are a big part of their getting that done!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

I have a little different perspective. The liberals can scream rigged polls and collusion all they want. Those at the voting booth spoke loud and clear.  They didn't wan't Hillary's liberal agenda to continue.  They wanted what Trump campaigned on; a border wall, repeal of Bammycare, conservative SCOTUS, jobs and better trade deals.  Congress has only assisted our President with one of those issues.  I think the rest is pretty obvious.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 01:12:35 pm by libertybele »

Oceander

The liberals can scream rigged polls and collusion all they want. Those at the voting booth spoke loud and clear.  They didn't wan't Hillary's liberal agenda to continue.  They wanted what Trump campaigned on; a border wall, repeal of Bammycare, conservative SCOTUS, jobs and better trade deals.  Congress has only assisted our President with one of those issues.  I think the rest is pretty obvious.

Not true.  Clinton won the popular vote, so if that is the measure, then it should be Clinton's agenda that gets enacted. 

Online kevindavis007

The demands for party loyalty should not override the duty for loyalty to their constituents.

Nothing irritates me more than seeing a conservative flap their gums about federalism then turn around and try to remove someone else's congressman. It tends to be a massive waste of time, money, and energy that could be better spent on productive things.

I think a lot of people forget that a lot of Congressman represent purple districts... Meaning not a deep red district.

Offline Smokin Joe

I may agree with another jurisdiction's candidate, but my right to determine representation in Congress ends with my district.  If there is an apparent disparity in funding or media treatment, the temptation to meddle is great, though.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Not true.  Clinton won the popular vote, so if that is the measure, then it should be Clinton's agenda that gets enacted.
With all the alleged rigging and tampering and Obama-style vote early vote often and motor voter in states where illegals can get a drivers license and be registered to vote on the spot? As uninspiring as many found Trump, Hillary barely squeaked by on the popular vote, even with all the skulduggery. The media were so sure the 'fix' was in that Newsweek had to recall magazines celebrating her election. (Oops). No wonder she was stunned. Sorry, sad to say, but I even question the popular vote totals.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I think a lot of people forget that a lot of Congressman represent purple districts... Meaning not a deep red district.

Do people just not understand that, or do they just ignore it because it doesn't fit with their personal policy preferences?  I honestly can't figure that one out.

Pirro is making the all-too-common assumption that the GOP is monolithic -- that having an "R" after your name means you are bound to a specific set of positions.  That isn't true, and never has been.  In a two-party system, there are inevitably going to be some pretty huge difference within each party.  Referring to the GOP as a singular "you" or "you're" is just a fundamental misunderstanding of the way things are.

And it doesn't get any better if you go multi-party, either.  You'll have more purity, but you won't be changing the total calculus regarding support for specific issues one iota.  You'd be changing labels -- that's it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 01:32:57 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Smokin Joe

Do people just not understand that, or do they just ignore  it because it doesn't fit with their personal policy preferences?  I honestly can't figure that one out.

Pirro is making the all-too-common assumption that the GOP is monolithic -- that having an "R" after your name means you are bound to a specific set of positions.  That isn't true, and never has been.  In a two-party system, there are inevitably going to be some pretty huge difference within each party.  Referring to the GOP as a singular "you" or "you're" is just a fundamental misunderstanding of the way things are.

And it doesn't get any better if you go multi-party, either.  You'll have more purity, but you won't be changing the total calculus regarding support for specific issues one iota.  You'd be changing labels -- that's it.
Because the Republicrats have been conflating the party name with "conservative" all this time, people tend to attribute conservative policies/beliefs where they should not. That much is obvious. There was a time when Party Platforms meant something, and Party Candidates were expected to adhere to them. The policies embraced in those platforms were, at times the subject of vigorous debate, but if you rode for the brand you were expected to toe the line. Now, it's a la carte. Therein is part of the problem. Choosing one or the other becomes a matter of brand loyalty, while the contents come from the same fertilizer plant.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

So... we should then allow CA to determine the course and agenda of this country?  Swell idea.