Author Topic: Democrats fume over 'secret' Republican healthcare bill  (Read 588 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Democrats fume over 'secret' Republican healthcare bill
« on: June 19, 2017, 01:11:04 am »
Democrats gearing up for a new round of battles against Republican efforts to do away with Barack Obama's signature health care law are condemning a US Senate replacement bill being crafted by Republicans behind closed doors.

Senator Bernie Sanders urged Democrats on Sunday to do "everything they can" to oppose a Republican bill that for weeks has been drafted by party leaders in secret.

"My understanding is that it will be brought forth just immediately before we have to vote on it. This is completely unacceptable," Sanders, an independent who is a member of the Democratic party leadership, told CBS's "Face the Nation" program.

"It seems to me that what they want to do, because this legislation is so bad, is keep it secret, keep it hidden, and in the last possible second rush it before the Senate and get a vote within a few hours. That is beyond belief," Sanders said in a separate interview with CNN.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/democrats-fume-over-secret-republican-healthcare-bill-165904039.html
Can you say "Deja Vu", except the Vu is on you?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Democrats fume over 'secret' Republican healthcare bill
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 01:22:34 am »
Makes me smile.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 01:29:19 am »
Senator Bernie Sanders urged Democrats on Sunday to do "everything they can" to oppose a Republican bill that for weeks has been drafted by party leaders in secret.

"My understanding is that it will be brought forth just immediately before we have to vote on it. This is completely unacceptable," Sanders, an independent who is a member of the Democratic party leadership, told CBS's "Face the Nation" program.

In other words, they are doing EXACTLY what Democrats did back in 2010.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline berdie

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 01:46:55 am »
In other words, they are doing EXACTLY what Democrats did back in 2010.

Yep...you'll have to pass it to see what's in it.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 02:04:52 am »
Dangerous in my opinion, I want to know if it repeals all of O-care or not and have time to write my congressman if not.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....