Author Topic: Feds Spend $746,756 on STEM Video Game  (Read 554 times)

rangerrebew

Feds Spend $746,756 on STEM Video Game
« on: June 18, 2017, 04:01:14 pm »
 Feds Spend $746,756 on STEM Video Game
Posted By Elizabeth Harrington On June 18, 2017 @ 5:00 am In Issues | No Comments

The National Science Foundation is spending nearly $800,000 on a video game where middle school students can pretend they have a STEM career.

The Language Express Inc., a software design company in San Diego, received a grant to develop and test the video game earlier this year.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/issues/feds-spend-746756-stem-video-game/

Offline Suppressed

Re: Feds Spend $746,756 on STEM Video Game
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 04:09:24 pm »
Probably a good ROI, considering how much money is wasted on funding degrees that don't pay off in terms of increased tax contributions down the road.  Sack a few flag officers and it's paid for.

(I do recognize that it's not Constitutionally allowed, but that's a different question.)
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline rodamala

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 08:00:12 pm »
A nice simulator for future Professional Engineers would aim to see if they can tolerate spending time and money, year after year, after year, felating academia in their quest to gain the Continuing Education Credits... which most state boards now require, just to maintain a PE license.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 08:01:41 pm by rodamala »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 01:07:15 am »
A nice simulator for future Professional Engineers would aim to see if they can tolerate spending time and money, year after year, after year, felating academia in their quest to gain the Continuing Education Credits... which most state boards now require, just to maintain a PE license.

There are free courses available. Network with other engineers to notify each other. 

If you join NSPE, you can take these for free:
https://www.nspe.org/membership/member-benefits/fifteen-free-courses

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn