Author Topic: Dem: Congress will begin impeachment if Trump fires Mueller, Rosenstein  (Read 13379 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: Dem: Congress will begin impeachment if Trump fires Mueller, Rosenstein
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2017, 08:10:23 pm »
That story would be relevant if the tax collectors are the ones cracking down on the speech.  Today's King runs a government large enough to hire both tax collectors and speech police.

Yes,  it was a bunch of childish nonsense that someone made up.   If you postulate a King,  then an accurate portrayal would have some executions in it.   

And the taxes will always be collected.   The idea that someone would "forget"  is more childish prattle.

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2017, 08:13:28 pm »
That's what makes impeachment inherently a political, not a legal, matter.

The Constitution says otherwise.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2017, 08:19:23 pm »

Haven't you noticed?  The Democrats consider the Constitution a "Bill of Negative Rights," and it's their job to find ways around it.  They will simply deem Trump guilty of High Crimes and Misdemeanors even if they have to make them up as they go along.  The Maxine Waters types have already signaled this is what they're going to do.

That makes it a political matter, even though it should be a legal matter.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2017, 08:19:48 pm »
1. Don't try to argue with a lawyer, for they are trained to argue either side.

2. The Constitution says "high crimes and misdemeanors," so presumably Congress would need to demonstrate they argued it from that basis; e.g. the constitution, not merely politics.

IMO however talk of impeachment, it SOLELY to delay, and block enactment of conservative measure. A smokescreen, a distraction.

It appears the GOP establishment are letting outsider Trump, "dangle in the wind." I believe many of them feel enactment of conservative measures, will not be widely accepted by voters.

--Cutting welfare, food stamps, health coverages, federal spending in general, curtailing illegal immigration, ramping up defense spending, etc.

IOW mostly things which many Republicans also talk out of both sides, of their mouths about.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2017, 08:23:15 pm »
That makes it a political matter, even though it should be a legal matter.

The motivation behind impeachment may be political.  But the process itself is legal.  Which is why there is no case for obstruction of justice.

They can mention 'obstruction of justice' all they want.  But when it comes to drawing up a formal charge, they will come up empty.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Oceander

« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2017, 08:25:52 pm »

No, it does not. 

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2017, 08:27:34 pm »

IMO however talk of impeachment, it SOLELY to delay, and block enactment of conservative measure. A smokescreen, a distraction.

It appears the GOP establishment are letting outsider Trump, "dangle in the wind." I believe many of them feel enactment of conservative measures, will not be widely accepted by voters.

--Cutting welfare, food stamps, health coverages, federal spending in general, curtailing illegal immigration, ramping up defense spending, etc.

IOW mostly things which many Republicans also talk out of both sides, of their mouths about.

Nobody in Washington and New York wants to enact the Trump agenda.   It is the nation that wants it,  but New York and Washington D.C. have long become accustomed to getting what they want instead. 

All of this is just more effort by them to get what they want.   

Time for Trump to start playing hardball.   The first thing he needs to do is to clear out much of the entrenched bureaucracy,  especially at the State Department and "Intelligence services."   

"You're Fired!"   is how Trump needs to handle this.  Give the media something else to talk about,  and put the Fear of God into the bureaucrats who are currently interfering. 

Plus,  firing people convinces others that you are not to be trifled with. 

"Pour encourager les autres." 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2017, 08:27:50 pm »

And that will make the media stop driving the agenda against him? 

That sounds like wishful thinking to me.   The media created these false accusations,  and they are not going to stop trying to impeach him no matter what he does.   

Trump needs to go to war with the media,  and especially the larger corporations that own them.   He needs to start looking at what kind of Presidential powers can be brought to bear on these corporate behemoths,  and he needs to start inflicting pain upon them.   

The message to "the media"  will trickle down in no uncertain terms.

Right.  He is already at war with the media. He has an AG, doesn't he? He has the, FCC doesn't he? He has a press secretary, doesn't he?  He doesn't help himself at all by firing off equally fraudulent, false, or misleading claims. I don't know what kind of magical "Presidential Powers" he can invoke to stop people talking crap about him, but he can sure as hell TRY to let someone else handle it. That is the presidential power he should invoke.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2017, 08:28:17 pm »
The motivation behind impeachment may be political.  But the process itself is legal.  Which is why there is no case for obstruction of justice.

They can mention 'obstruction of justice' all they want.  But when it comes to drawing up a formal charge, they will come up empty.

Fine.  Let's hope I don't have to feed those words back in a year or two.  If you think Mueller & Company doesn't come back with some charge against somebody, you still haven't learned enough yet.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2017, 08:32:15 pm »
Right.  He is already at war with the media. He has an AG, doesn't he? He has the, FCC doesn't he? He has a press secretary, doesn't he?  He doesn't help himself at all by firing off equally fraudulent, false, or misleading claims. I don't know what kind of magical "Presidential Powers" he can invoke to stop people talking crap about him, but he can sure as hell TRY to let someone else handle it. That is the presidential power he should invoke.

"STFU" is advice given him almost universally.  He won't until it bites him hard.  The gummint's jaws close slowly, but they close.
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2017, 08:32:39 pm »

What does that even mean?

Leave him alone, he's on a roll...  ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2017, 08:32:55 pm »
2. The Constitution says "high crimes and misdemeanors," so presumably Congress would need to demonstrate they argued it from that basis; e.g. the constitution, not merely politics.

The Constitution also says "Impeachment for, and Conviction of".  "Conviction" denotes a formal criminal charge and deliberation.

It also says "The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments.  .  .  .  And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.".  Again, this indicates a trial process - one based upon due process of law.  Once based upon violation of written statute.  In other words, a legal process.

The Constitution goes on to say, "the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment, and Punishmnet, according to Law. "  According to Law.  Not political fiat.  But Law.  They can't simply charge him with being someone they don't like.  They must have evidence of an actual crime and formally charge him with that crime.  And so far, there is zero evidence of this occurring.  None.  Zip.  Nada.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2017, 08:35:18 pm »
It means I think he should get his shit together, let his lawyer do the talking, and stop acting like the sergeant-at-arms from the local Hell's Angels club over on 25th steret.

I disagree.   Tweeting to 50 million followers and a curious media is the perfect counter-measure to the tactics of the Left.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2017, 08:35:55 pm »
1. Don't try to argue with a lawyer, for they are trained to argue either side.

Exactly!  As I pointed out a few pages back on this very thread.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2017, 08:38:31 pm »
No, it does not.

Again:

Article II, Section 4

Article I, Section 3

I will go by what the Constitution actually says instead of by what you say.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2017, 08:39:38 pm »

That sounds like wishful thinking to me.   The media created these false accusations,  and they are not going to stop trying to impeach him no matter what he does.   

Trump needs to go to war with the media,  and especially the larger corporations that own them.   He needs to start looking at what kind of Presidential powers can be brought to bear on these corporate behemoths,  and he needs to start inflicting pain upon them.   

Meh.   Takes too long!

I'd make a stern, take-no-sh*t, 60 second announcement from the Oval Office, with a TV monitor on in the background...coincidentally showing the Baptism scene from The Goldfather.

/s   for the sarcasm-challenged.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 08:40:23 pm by DCPatriot »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2017, 08:45:33 pm »
I disagree.   Tweeting to 50 million followers and a curious media is the perfect counter-measure to the tactics of the Left.

He should be using it as a highly effective weapon against THEM. Aim the gun at your enemy. Not your own foot. Use a little decorum, aplomb, and FOR GODS SAKE, spell check.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2017, 08:48:22 pm »
He should be using it as a highly effective weapon against THEM. Aim the gun at your enemy. Not your own foot. Use a little decorum, aplomb, and FOR GODS SAKE, spell check.

Come one....he could have been bearing down on the crapper when he typed "cofefe".   Give him a break!    ^-^

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2017, 08:53:07 pm »
Come one....he could have been bearing down on the crapper when he typed "cofefe".   Give him a break!    ^-^

:laugh:

Oceander

« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2017, 08:55:45 pm »
:bigsilly:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2017, 08:59:55 pm »

I was going to look to see if that was available for a domain name...lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2017, 09:01:31 pm »
I was going to look to see if that was available for a domain name...lol

It's already taken. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2017, 09:02:14 pm »
I am thinking of a story about the king who was going to send his people out to collect taxes from the farmers as their crops came in from harvest.  On the first morning of harvest, criers came through the streets, shouting insults about the king.  So the king sent his people out to track down these criers and arrest them.  By sundown, he hadn't gotten any taxes collected, but he felt good that he'd put all of those criers out of business.

On the second morning, a breeze blew a piece of parchment through his window.  He picked it up and saw that it was a poster.  His people said that they'd been posted all throughout town, making a mockery of the king! Well, he couldn't let that stand!  So he sent his people out to round them all up and stand watch over the print shops.  No taxes were collected on the second day's harvest, but he'd put an end to that mockery!

On the third day, he woke and looked out his window, and there on the castle wall was a giant painting of him looking foolish.  OH MY!  His people were sent out to paint over the graffiti, and to stand watch over the paint shops.  And that evening, the farmers went to sleep with the granaries full and not a penny collected, as the harvest was done for the year.

But at least nobody was making fun of the king...right?

I think you have the story wrong.  I read a different version.

I stand by my post about the tweets.  The only people making fun of them are the media and the leftists ... and maybe you.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2017, 09:03:07 pm »
It's already taken.

darn it..I should have done it right away
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #124 on: June 17, 2017, 09:03:57 pm »

Yes, but if he is governing effectively and inspiring confidence, whatever the dems do will drive them even further down the road to irrelevance.