Author Topic: LAPD cadets arrested after stealing patrol cars, police say  (Read 411 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
 (CNN)The Los Angeles Police Department arrested and charged three of its own juvenile cadets after they stole and crashed three police vehicles, authorities said.
The three teens, two males ages 15 and 17, and a 16-year-old female, were all members of the LAPD cadet program, Police Chief Charlie Beck said Thursday.

They were not identified because they are minors.
In addition to the three vehicles, police also recovered two Tasers, two police radios and a bulletproof vest, he said.
The theft went undetected until Wednesday, when a watch commander doing daily inventory noticed two black-and-white LAPD patrol vehicles missing from their fleet.
The investigation into finding the vehicles promptly focused on the female cadet who had been assigned to the location where the vehicles went missing, Beck said.

More: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/17/us/lapd-cadets-stole-patrol-cars-trnd/index.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Suppressed

Re: LAPD cadets arrested after stealing patrol cars, police say
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 09:32:28 pm »
A shame.

These programs are often used to boost the numbers of minorities who will apply to the force, by targeting minority youth to get a head start.  Let's hope these weren't minority cadets!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: LAPD cadets arrested after stealing patrol cars, police say
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 09:40:41 pm »
A shame.

These programs are often used to boost the numbers of minorities who will apply to the force, by targeting minority youth to get a head start.  Let's hope these weren't minority cadets!

A few hours later, the missing patrol cars were spotted side-by-side on the streets of South Los Angeles.

What is the demographics of South Los Angeles?

In the 2010 census, the area of South Los Angeles had a population of about 236,000. Roughly 56% of the residents were Hispanic or Latino, nearly 33% were African American.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley