Author Topic: Mary Maxwell moved from Australia to Alabama to run for US Senate  (Read 586 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Four weeks ago, Mary Maxwell left her home in Australia on a one-way ticket to the United States. She plans to become Alabama's next U.S. Senator.

Maxwell first learned about Alabama's open Senate seat when she read a Yahoo News article about former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore running for the senate seat vacated by Jeff Sessions when he was tapped to be the U.S. Attorney General.

She told al.com that led her to learn more about Alabama by reading online articles.

She decided that after spending the better part of four decades in Australia, she was ready to come home.

Well, not home exactly. She'd never been to Alabama before she landed in the United States earlier this month and made her way to Montgomery. She now meets the requirements to serve as Alabama's Senator: minimum age of 30, a U.S. citizen, a state resident for at least one day.

"I moved here for this," she said of Alabama's special Senate election. "You can call me an opportunist. I couldn't resist the possible chance."

She has been traveling the state by Greyhound bus; she doesn't have a car yet and isn't sure she wants one. She's spent decades driving on the left side of the road.

More: http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/06/mary_maxwell_senate_candidate.html

*****rollingeyes*****
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Mary Maxwell moved from Australia to Alabama to run for US Senate
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 06:47:28 am »
And Maxwell is passionate about many things. She's written books on evolutionary biology, mind control, political treason, natural cancer cures and teen etiquette. She has a couple of YouTube channels, mainly focused on politics and law. In one video from 2015, she encouraged the governor of Boston to arrest the FBI in the wake of the Boston Marathon bombing.

In 2006 Maxwell sued then-President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney, challenging Bush's authority to attack Iran or Syria without a Congressional declaration of war. The suit was dismissed.

The year before, she made a failed attempt to run for Congress from New Hampshire. Part of her platform involved discovering the truth about 9/11. She has a Ph.D. in politics from the University of Adelaide in Australia. Over the past few years, she's has been a frequent contributor to alternative news blogs.

Or Judge Roy Moore?  This would be a tough decision for me.  I mean they are both qualified...minimum age of 30, a U.S. citizen, a state resident for at least one day.
http://www.alabamavotes.gov/MinQualifications.aspx?m=candidates

I kind of wish I lived in Alabama now.  The Alabama GOP is working overtime to give the people a show worth watching.