Author Topic: Can You Obstruct a Fraud?  (Read 564 times)

rangerrebew

Can You Obstruct a Fraud?
« on: June 16, 2017, 01:39:31 pm »

by Andrew C. McCarthy June 15, 2017 1:30 PM   

Maybe Trump objected to the fraudulent notion, which Comey led the world to believe, that Trump was under investigation for collusion. On March 30, 2017, by his own account, then-FBI director James Comey told President Donald Trump that Trump himself was not under investigation — the third time he had given him that assurance. In fact, Comey told Trump that he had just assured members of Congress that Trump was not a suspect under investigation.

Think about that.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/448674/trump-wanted-comey-refute-false-notion-he-was-suspect

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Can You Obstruct a Fraud?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 01:43:15 pm »

Maybe Trump objected to the fraudulent notion, which Comey led the world to believe, that Trump was under investigation for collusion. On March 30, 2017, by his own account, then-FBI director James Comey told President Donald Trump that Trump himself was not under investigation — the third time he had given him that assurance. In fact, Comey told Trump that he had just assured members of Congress that Trump was not a suspect under investigation.

Think about that.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/448674/trump-wanted-comey-refute-false-notion-he-was-suspect

Obstructing fraud would be a very good thing would it not?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 02:03:17 pm »
a narrative that the intelligence agencies knew was false yet refused to correct

Control the narrative. No matter what.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 03:56:40 pm »

If an officer arrests you for a fraudulent charge, and you resist arrest,
you can be prosecuted and convicted for resisting arrest,
even though it was an invalid arrest.

But if an officer invades your home without a warrant or probable cause,
and finds contraband,
you cannot be prosecuted for possession of the contraband
because the search was illegal.
The Supreme Court holds that the outcome should be
the same as if the officer had obeyed the law.

The law is inconsistent.  The principle that applies in the second case
should be applied to the first case.
Someone should argue this in court.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 04:04:22 pm »
Obstructing an investigation is still obstruction. The person being investigated does not get to just say 'this is a fraud' and obstruct it. Can you imagine the state of the justice system if that were the case.

Plus, on the specific investigation being discussed, we don't know where the tentacles will lead. Trump claims it is a 'fraud' regarding his involvement, but by obstructing it, he may hurt findings into other's involvement like, for example, Clinton's camp.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 04:17:27 pm by AbaraXas »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 04:11:08 pm »
If an officer arrests you for a fraudulent charge, and you resist arrest,
you can be prosecuted and convicted for resisting arrest,
even though it was an invalid arrest.

But if an officer invades your home without a warrant or probable cause,
and finds contraband,
you cannot be prosecuted for possession of the contraband
because the search was illegal.
The Supreme Court holds that the outcome should be
the same as if the officer had obeyed the law.

The law is inconsistent.  The principle that applies in the second case
should be applied to the first case.
Someone should argue this in court.

I would like to think it has been argued in court.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 06:34:54 pm »
Obstructing an investigation is still obstruction. The person being investigated does not get to just say 'this is a fraud' and obstruct it. Can you imagine the state of the justice system if that were the case.

Plus, on the specific investigation being discussed, we don't know where the tentacles will lead. Trump claims it is a 'fraud' regarding his involvement, but by obstructing it, he may hurt findings into other's involvement like, for example, Clinton's camp.

Obstruction of justice consists of
lying to investigators,
pressuring others to lie to investigators,
tampering with evidence, or
concealing evidence.

In the case at hand, the only people I see doing those things are the Democrats.

Plus, suggesting that a prosecutor should show some discretion is not on the list.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 06:50:28 pm »
Obstruction of justice consists of
lying to investigators,
pressuring others to lie to investigators,
tampering with evidence, or
concealing evidence.

In the case at hand, the only people I see doing those things are the Democrats.

Plus, suggesting that a prosecutor should show some discretion is not on the list.

Thank you!  Welcome to TBR!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 06:58:26 pm »

We do know it is intended to be a perpetual, permanent fishing expedition, for the purpose of impeding the republican agenda.

Anybody calling themselves a conservative, and cheerleading the exercise is the real fraud.

"What crime am I supposed to have committed?"

"We are not sure, yet. That is what we are investigating."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln