Author Topic: John Kerry: Middle East leaders wanted us to bomb Iran  (Read 423 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

John Kerry: Middle East leaders wanted us to bomb Iran
« on: June 14, 2017, 07:17:52 pm »
John Kerry: Middle East leaders wanted us to bomb Iran
Washington Examiner, Jun 14, 2017, Pete Kasperowicz

Former Secretary of State John Kerry lobbied for the Iran nuclear deal on Wednesday by saying it helped the U.S. avoid armed conflict, and that leaders of some Middle East countries wanted the U.S. to attack Iran.

"We were hurtling toward conflict," Kerry said at an annual retreat of "mediators and peace process actors" in Oslo, Norway. "I mean, there's just no other way to describe it."

"Leaders in the region were saying to me personally, and to the president, President Obama, you should bomb these guys," Kerry said. "That's the only way to resolve this issue."

"And we chose a different path," he said. "What we did is to find a mutually acceptable way to guarantee that both sides were able to agree on a path forward that met both sides' needs."

President Trump has criticized the Iran agreement, but has yet to take any step to step away from it. Before he took office, Trump indicated that he might deal with it by insisting on strict enforcement from Iran's side.

But Kerry said the deal is still working.

"It is working," Kerry said. "The world is safer."

More: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/john-kerry-middle-east-leaders-wanted-us-to-bomb-iran/article/2625972

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 07:21:28 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: John Kerry: Middle East leaders wanted us to bomb Iran
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 07:19:40 pm »
Why not, we bombed Iraq for them.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 07:20:20 pm »
Omri Ceren‏ -
In case you missed it, Obama Sec of State Kerry traveled to Europe today to sit next to Iran FM Zarif & advocate against Trump's Iran policy.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 12:19:01 am »
You and Hills really handled it.

You should have given them enough cash to take the lead from Saudi Arabia for state sponsored terrorism.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley