Author Topic: Lee’s Headquarters (Gettysburg): Completed Restoration Unveiled  (Read 522 times)

rangerrebew

Lee’s Headquarters: Completed Restoration Unveiled

The Civil War Trust is proud to announce the completion of the restoration effort at site of General Lee's Headquarters in Gettysburg, after more than a year of work spend returning it to its 1863 appearance.

Check out these photos of rehabilitated the home, the landscape as returned to its Civil War appearance, and the newly installed interpretive walking trail on the property.

https://www.civilwar.org/learn/galleries/lees-headquarters-completed-restoration-unveiled
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 05:05:52 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Lee’s Headquarters (Gettysburg): Completed Restoration Unveiled
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 05:13:17 pm »
Neat to see the preservation effort. I must note the new downspouts and gutters don't appear to be historical.  :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 08:57:26 pm »
I thought we were destroying everthing associated with the Confederacy in an efort to white wash history.

I guess black lives matter should be allowed to burn the museum down.  **nononono*
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 11:36:00 pm »
It looks better than it did back then when the place seemed to have a more run-down look.

I've been to Gettysburg twice and still never saw everything I wanted to see. Over the years it became more and more "touristy".