General Category > Economy/Business

NETFLIX SUBSCRIPTIONS HAVE SURPASSED CABLE TV IN THE U.S.

<< < (2/5) > >>

truth_seeker:

If you have a capable streaming device, take a look at all of the material on YouTube.

I have listened to a few episodes by Bill O'Reilly and Dick Morris.

It won't cost too much, to arrange a 24/7 YouTube Channel, of individuals like this.

Just like Netflix pioneered their thing, Uber pioneered their thing, Amazon pioneered their thing, I expect streaming political news to arrive in the big time, fairly soon.

Maybe Sinclair/Tribune/Circa (which is conceived for mobile)

To succeed they need all or most transmission methods; e.g. OTA/cable/streaming video/Mobile formatted

Applewood:
Netflix has some of my favorite classic TV shows and some darn good original shows.  Binge watched The Crown not long ago. Quite good.  Waiting for the next season.

kevindavis007:

--- Quote from: truth_seeker on June 15, 2017, 07:53:36 pm ---If you have a capable streaming device, take a look at all of the material on YouTube.

I have listened to a few episodes by Bill O'Reilly and Dick Morris.

It won't cost too much, to arrange a 24/7 YouTube Channel, of individuals like this.

Just like Netflix pioneered their thing, Uber pioneered their thing, Amazon pioneered their thing, I expect streaming political news to arrive in the big time, fairly soon.

Maybe Sinclair/Tribune/Circa (which is conceived for mobile)

To succeed they need all or most transmission methods; e.g. OTA/cable/streaming video/Mobile formatted

--- End quote ---

I'm waiting for a lot of Sports to stream.

truth_seeker:

--- Quote from: kevindavis on June 15, 2017, 11:59:46 pm ---
I'm waiting for a lot of Sports to stream.

--- End quote ---
Near the end was last year's Super Bowl. I still had frontier Fios cable TV, but also OTA antenna and internet.

One streaming channel on the internet only lasted half way, but another lasted the entire game.

The fact I has so many ways to watch the game, completely sealed the deal to cut the cable.

Then some volunteer help placed my antenna higher, which yielded several other HD OTA channels.

My wife suffers a bit because she lost a couple of things, but she didn't complain.

I pay for SlingTV, Netflix and Amazon. thinking of trying DirectTV Now as a substitute for Sling but my daughter has enjoyed Stations on Sling quite a bit.

I am durious about another emerging option, called TickBox and others which seem to be like it.

kevindavis007:

--- Quote from: truth_seeker on June 16, 2017, 12:09:05 am ---Near the end was last year's Super Bowl. I still had frontier Fios cable TV, but also OTA antenna and internet.

One streaming channel on the internet only lasted half way, but another lasted the entire game.

The fact I has so many ways to watch the game, completely sealed the deal to cut the cable.

Then some volunteer help placed my antenna higher, which yielded several other HD OTA channels.

My wife suffers a bit because she lost a couple of things, but she didn't complain.

I pay for SlingTV, Netflix and Amazon. thinking of trying DirectTV Now as a substitute for Sling but my daughter has enjoyed Stations on Sling quite a bit.

I am durious about another emerging option, called TickBox and others which seem to be like it.

--- End quote ---

We had DirectTv, but we where paying to much for stations wasn't watching (like the RFD station or some shopping channel).

Right now I pay for SlingTV, Hulu, and Amazon. Once  Hulu Live is on the Amazon Fire, I might try that.

Made the mistake of getting a Smart TV... Hasn't been updated in two years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version