Author Topic: Mika: I’m Not Blaming Trump “Squarely” for Scalise Shooting, But . . .  (Read 4447 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mika: I’m Not Blaming Trump “Squarely” for Scalise Shooting, But . . .

Posted by Mark Finkelstein      Thursday, June 15, 2017 at 8:00am

“this is the new added dynamic to what is a very dangerous climate”

Yes, let’s all come together, hold hands, unite . . . and blame President Trump for the shooting of Steve Scalise and others yesterday. Morning Joe opened today with predictable pieties, Joe Scarborough saying, for example, that “the heated rhetoric in this country has to calm down.”

But before the show’s first hour had ended, Mika Brzezinski turned the heat up to 11 by pointing the finger for the Scalise shooting in part at the president. An emotional Mika, after accusing President Trump of “promoting violence on the campaign trail,” continued:

more
http://legalinsurrection.com/2017/06/mika-im-not-blaming-trump-squarely-for-scalise-shooting-but/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Yes you are Mika. You and the rest of the Left are trying to turn this narrative back on the right wing and their political stances with any kind of diversion or rhetorical wrenching you can make stick on the wall. Just like you do every time something happens that shows the Left's true colors.

Problem is this is yet another in a string of left wing violence and other stupidity that's been going on since Trump was elected. You can't just twist it back onto Republicans with the old propaganda tricks because it's just built up too high to ignore. But you're going to try anyway, and I'm not going to get in the way of shooting yourself in the foot one more time.
The Republic is lost.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
It has been mighty interesting watching Joe Scarborough devolve into a raging hate-filled leftist over that woman.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline goatprairie

This is the same tactic used by the left in 1963 when it was revealed that Lee Harvey Oswald was a commie or commie sympathizer.  Back then, just like today,  the libs screeched about the "climate of hate" created by those nasty right-wingers. They successfully made many millions believe Oswald was some sort of right-wing nutcase.
They even made a movie "Executive Action" in 1973 about right wingers doing the deed with Burt Lancaster starring in one of his worst roles. There really isn't anything the left won't blame conservatives for.  Even evil deeds done by their own people.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 03:26:20 pm by goatprairie »

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
We also have a president who pushes fake news and conspiracy theories from birtherism to promoting violence on the campaign trail. I mean, this is the new dynamic here. I’m not putting anything squarely on the president, but I have to say that this is the new added dynamic to what is a very dangerous climate. Joining us from Capitol Hill —

I... don't really disagree with that statement unfortunately.

Offline dfwgator

It has been mighty interesting watching Joe Scarborough devolve into a raging hate-filled leftist over that woman.

Mika will be lucky if she doesn't wind up like Lori Klausutis.

Offline dfwgator

I... don't really disagree with that statement unfortunately.

Did they not remember, "Selected Not Elected",  "Chimpy McBushitler", etc.?

• Technical
Did they not remember, "Selected Not Elected",  "Chimpy McBushitler", etc.?

Ok, but that's not really a rebuttal to her statement. Bush isn't the issue here. She's saying Trump adds to the current climate, which I would definitely agree with.

Offline Frank Cannon

Mike is a dirty whore and treated as such.

Offline Frank Cannon

Ok, but that's not really a rebuttal to her statement. Bush isn't the issue here. She's saying Trump adds to the current climate, which I would definitely agree with.

Too young to remember the Bush years?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:bsflag:

• Technical
Too young to remember the Bush years?

Of course, but that still doesn't invalidate her statement.

And to balance in out, Obama made some comments too that added to the current climate (bringing a knife to a gunfight, get in their faces, etc.). But Trump's tweets are not helping anything and are making the situation worse IMO.

Offline dfwgator

And to balance in out, Obama made some comments too that added to the current climate (bringing a knife to a gunfight, get in their faces, etc.). But Trump's tweets are not helping anything and are making the situation worse IMO.

Bush didn't respond to the attacks on him, and it only emboldened them.   The Left does not play nice, and they never have.  Finally we have a President that is willing to throw it right back in their faces,  and it's about damn time.

Offline Frank Cannon

It sure as shit does. Her pals were doing plays, books and movies about assassinating Bush. Michael Moore was running around fanning flames for violent overthrow. Reid, Pelosi, Obama et al had some of the nastiest comments about Bush. Mike and her Commie pals set the tone for what happened yesterday a decade ago. Trump is just a response to it, and I think it was long overdue.

• Technical
Bush didn't respond to the attacks on him, and it only emboldened them.   The Left does not play nice, and they never have.  Finally we have a President that is willing to throw it right back in their faces,  and it's about damn time.

:shrug: Is he really effectively throwing it back in their face though? Yes he did win the election, but I really think that was simply because his opponent was so horrible.

I guess we'll find out in 2018 and 2020.

Offline dfwgator

It sure as shit does. Her pals were doing plays, books and movies about assassinating Bush. Michael Moore was running around fanning flames for violent overthrow. Reid, Pelosi, Obama et al had some of the nastiest comments about Bush. Mike and her Commie pals set the tone for what happened yesterday a decade ago. Trump is just a response to it, and I think it was long overdue.

• Technical

It's happened on both sides. Just look at TOS. lots of calls for violence.

Trump ain't helping the situation whatsoever.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker

Sorry, but dragging that seriously diminished echo chamber (TOS) into this discussion is apples and kumquats. 

Most of those at TOS calling for violence are not what I'd consider top shelf kind of folks either.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Yes, but the difference is that the Left are validated and encouraged by the national news media. That's a whole different order of magnitude.

And it doesn't matter who the Republican President is. It's more intense with Trump because Trump fights back.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

McLame and Romney tried to "help the situation" and they were chewed up and spit out by the Obama hate machine. Trump isn't the problem as hard as you try to convince yourself. It's the Leftists and solely the Leftists. They have been calling for violent overthrow for at least 16 years.

Offline cato potatoe

Heated rhetoric goes back & forth, and has since the colonial days.  The vast majority of violence has come from the left (and their pet religion).  Maybe the dems should censor their own comments, and concern themselves with others when the need arises.

• Technical
McLame and Romney tried to "help the situation" and they were chewed up and spit out by the Obama hate machine. Trump isn't the problem as hard as you try to convince yourself. It's the Leftists and solely the Leftists. They have been calling for violent overthrow for at least 16 years.

Never said Trump was the problem. I and Mika said he adds to it. What Scarborough said was true as well.

Offline kidd

She's saying Trump adds to the current climate, which I would definitely agree with.
The current "climate" is one where many on the left approve of this attempt to change the make-up of an elected body of Congress through mass assassinations.
It is a violent manifestation of a coup that started the day that the left's candidate lost an election.

You're kidding yourself if you believe that it would have been different if it was Ted Cruz that defeated Hillary Clinton rather than Trump.

Offline Frank Cannon

Can't we all agree that Mika is a mindless moron and that the only a stupid idiot would marry her?