Author Topic: 3 teen hikers injured in Alaska bear attack  (Read 445 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
3 teen hikers injured in Alaska bear attack
« on: June 15, 2017, 01:17:38 pm »
3 teen hikers injured in Alaska bear attack

EAGLE RIVER, Alaska -- Three juveniles were mauled Wednesday after coming across a grizzly bear and her two cubs while they were hiking in a heavily wooded area just north of Alaska's largest city, in an area were two aggressive bears have already been killed this week.

Anchorage authorities said four young people were hiking in the woods around the Eagle River campground when three of them were injured after running into the bear and two young cubs.

Continued: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/3-teen-hikers-injured-in-alaska-bear-attack/

Offline thackney

Re: 3 teen hikers injured in Alaska bear attack
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 01:35:54 pm »
We used to live in Eagle River, Alaska.  It is on the edge of Chugach State Park with lots of wildlife.

We had a neighbor videotape a bear killing a young moose about 25 feet from his front door.

We would find bear scat near the house.

They had a moose jump the fence to join my daughter's class on the playground.  Walking to school, sometimes moose would lay down blocking the way to the Elementary School.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 01:39:38 pm »
Aside from bears eating your children, it's a great place to raise a family.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 01:41:34 pm »
Aside from bears eating your children, it's a great place to raise a family.

I live in Tampa and we have coral snakes, water moccasins, rattlesnakes, bobcats, and florida panthers across the street.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 05:08:30 pm »
I live in Tampa and we have coral snakes, water moccasins, rattlesnakes, bobcats, and florida panthers across the street.

I was visiting with my neighbor at dusk and we had one of these magnificent animals walk right by us, probably 10' away.  I thought it was the neighbors cat.  I've never seen one in town before.  Here's hoping it won't go after my dog.