Author Topic: 'Emotional' Trump visits shot politician's bedside  (Read 784 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

'Emotional' Trump visits shot politician's bedside
« on: June 15, 2017, 05:13:33 am »
'Emotional' Trump visits shot politician's bedside
Belfast Telegraph, Jun 14, 2017

US president Donald Trump has visited critically-ill party whip Steve Scalise, who was shot by a rifle-wielding attacker as he practised for a charity baseball game.   

Mr Trump spoke to the House of Representatives majority whip's family during a visit to MedStar Washington Hospital Centre on Wednesday evening.

The president and his wife Melania spent about half an hour at the hospital, where White House press secretary Sean Spicer described the scene in the intensive care unit as "emotional".

Mr Spicer said the president was also briefed by Mr Scalise's medical team, met Capitol Police officer Crystal Griner, who was shot in the ankle during the attack in Alexandria, Virginia, and thanked police who gathered at the hospital.

The president was accompanied by White House doctor Ronny Jackson.

More: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/emotional-trump-visits-shot-politicians-bedside-35828373.html

Re: 'Emotional' Trump visits shot politician's bedside
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 05:14:50 am »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 05:23:04 am »
Only in Belfast would a serious abdominal rifle wound be considered "critically ill".
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 05:23:20 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 05:24:38 am »
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 2m2 minutes
Just left hospital. Rep. Steve Scalise, one of the truly great people, is in very tough shape - but he is a real fighter. Pray for Steve!

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 05:25:08 am »
*Subject:* *Pool Report 16*

Sean Spicer gaggled with pool upon return to WH. Said Trumps met with Scalise doctors, including Ira Rabin, vice president for medical operations. They also talked to Scalises wife Jennifer.

Spicer: He entered the room, spoke with Scalises family, and sat by his bedside with Mrs. Trump.

They were accompanied to the hospital by Trumps personal physician, Dr. Ronny Jackson. Jackson rode in the motorcade, but had been to the hospital to confer on Scalise earlier.

Melania offered the family a bouquet of the white flowers seen earlier by pool.

The first couple also met with Capitol Police Officer Crystal Griner and her wife. They got the second bouquet of flowers.

Spicer said the first couple also talked to other Capitol Police who were at the hospital.

Dr. Rabin was seen accompanying the Trumps to the exit when they left.

Spicer noted that Trump does not plan to attend the congressional baseball game Thursday, out of security and logistical concerns.

While the president would like to attend the game and show his support for all of these brave public servants, he has been advised that there is not enough time to follow Secret Service protocols.

Thats all for now.

Kevin Diaz

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 05:39:08 am »
Anyone old enough to remember the good ol' days when US reporters could write a straight news piece like this Irish one?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 05:41:02 am »
Anyone old enough to remember the good ol' days when US reporters could write a straight news piece like this Irish one?
Who. What. Where. When. Why. This ain't no editorial, kid, just the news.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 05:43:38 am »

This is exactly why I chose to post this article @Frank Cannon   

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 02:14:39 pm »
Trump and his wife also visited Crystal Griner.  I don't know whether Crystal's wife Tiffany was there. 

I'm assuming they visited the others, too, but I haven't read it.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 02:25:47 pm »
Mark Knoller‏Verified account @markknoller 11m11 minutes ago
VP Pence motorcade seen arriving at @MedStarWHC so @VP .can visit @SteveScalise and Cap Police Officer Crystal Giner

Offline endicom

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2017, 02:30:54 pm »
Trump and his wife also visited Crystal Griner.  I don't know whether Crystal's wife Tiffany was there. 

I'm assuming they visited the others, too, but I haven't read it.

Not enough has been said about Crystal Griner. I think that getting shot in the ankle might take most people out of the fight.