Author Topic: Paris attack: Champs-Elysees driver had explosives and rifle, was flagged for extremism  (Read 530 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
A suspect who tried to attack security forces on the Champs-Elysees shopping district in Paris Monday afternoon -- when he rammed his car into a police van -- had a rifle and explosives in his vehicle, French investigators said.

The attacker died shortly after the incident, the French Interior Minister Gerard Collomb said. The attacker, a 31-year-old man from the Paris suburb of Argenteuil, was badly burned after his car exploded when he deliberately crashed it into a police van. The police van caught fire, but it was quickly contained, officials said. The bomb squad was called to the scene.

Authorities discovered a gas tank and an AK-47 rife in the attacker's car, Fox News confirmed. The man had been flagged by investigators earlier for extremism, French police said.

More: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06/19/suspected-attacker-drives-car-into-police-vehicle-in-champs-elysees-police-say.html

Thank you to @Freya for finding this.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
You are welcome @EC

The world is getting crazier. I think. I know Neptune just went retrograde but that shouldn't be the reason.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The man had been flagged by investigators earlier for extremism, French police said.
Again I feel compelled to ask..as with the London Bridge attack...if they KNOW these people are terrorists...why are they letting them continue to roam free?  I THINK I have an idea as to why...and if it's true then the LEO's in these countries seriously need to rethink their tactics.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Again I feel compelled to ask..as with the London Bridge attack...if they KNOW these people are terrorists...why are they letting them continue to roam free?  I THINK I have an idea as to why...and if it's true then the LEO's in these countries seriously need to rethink their tactics.

What charge would be used to lock them up?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
What charge would be used to lock them up?

If they are engaging in terrorist activities...hanging around with known terrorists and/or going back and forth to the ME for training...there's a whole host of charges/reasons you can pick them up.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!