Author Topic: Air Force Aggressor Squadron Has A Surprising Secondary Mission  (Read 461 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
In maybe the ultimate form of irony, during a national security crisis, or even an attack on the homeland, the airliner you are flying on could be intercepted by a foreign-looking fighter jet adorned in Russian camouflage with bright red bort numbers on its sides, and in some cases, even big red stars on their wings. That's because the 64th Aggressor Squadron (64th AGRS), the same unit that provides adversary support training out of Nellis AFB in Las Vegas, Nevada, for exercises like Red Flag, was tasked in 2013 with the air defense mission, according to documents obtained by The War Zone through the Freedom of Information Act and corroborated by officials at Nellis AFB.

More: http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/11422/air-forces-premier-aggressor-squadron-has-a-surprising-secondary-mission

It just tickled me, imagining the reaction of your typical passenger (succinctly described by my missus as nervously entitled shitbags) to being intercepted by what looks like a Russian fighter.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink