Author Topic: Lost Jackson Pollock painting found in a garage could be worth $15 million  (Read 2285 times)

Silver Pines

I would just soon as not be traumatized by art work.

@bigheadfred

888high58888

Modern art is a scam...it's an Emperor-has-no-clothes thing.  You could put a brush in an elephant's trunk and get a similar result.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

For nearly 18 months after unearthing the painting, Levine spent tens of thousands of dollars trying to authenticate the piece.

Here lies the quandary of unearthing or even bidding on ultra high end art without the correct provenance.   For every one of these success stories, lies a thousand cases,, where the "lucky" guy ends up being tens of thousands of dollars poorer.

Picasso as an example......    It is widely known and held that Picasso was extremely prolific artist.  However, only a very small percent of his art has that level of provenance needed for authentication.   The value of a Picasso, versus one "Attributed to..."  or "Manner of...."  exponentially drops.

Here is an interesting  article on the problematic nature of getting one authenticated.  (warning: headache inducing)

http://www.artnews.com/2013/01/02/authenticating-picasso/
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Just_Victor

To this day I can't see the hidden image in these.

You have to train your eyes to converge at a distance while focusing close.  It's a horse.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
$15 million?
Some fool and his money will soon be parted… ;)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
$15 million?
Some fool and his money will soon be parted… ;)

Hopefully he sticks it where the sun don't shine.

heh heh heh
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Suppressed

Barnett Newman?

Another great example!  Probably a better example than the one I was trying to think of: Mark Rothko.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

@bigheadfred

888high58888

Modern art is a scam...it's an Emperor-has-no-clothes thing.  You could put a brush in an elephant's trunk and get a similar result.

@CatherineofAragon

But you can't.  See http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,267209.msg1356177.html#msg1356177

But that's the thing...you can't.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rodamala

I like his early, pre-Paris stuff.

I'm trying to think of the guy who did giant paintings of just half one color and half another.

Rothko

@Suppressed

Offline rodamala

Another great example!  Probably a better example than the one I was trying to think of: Mark Rothko.

@Suppressed

Saw no update so tried responding and connection hung...

Offline Suppressed

@Suppressed

Saw no update so tried responding and connection hung...
@rodamala

Thanks!
+++++++++

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@CatherineofAragon

But you can't.  See http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,267209.msg1356177.html#msg1356177

But that's the thing...you can't.

Here is a result for ya. I followed your link and read the article. Then did an image search for #14.

heh heh heh

Throw that in the fractal chaos dynamic prognosticator.

But really, I don't care what type of mathematical precision you can attribute to anything. If it looks like crap why have it around to look at?

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley