Author Topic: Lawsuit: Mass search of Georgia high school students included genital touching, exposure of female students’ breasts  (Read 510 times)

Offline RoosGirl

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2017/06/06/lawsuit-mass-search-of-georgia-high-school-students-included-genital-touching-exposure-of-female-students-breasts/?utm_term=.aa8b4996f812

Back in April, I wrote about a mass drug search of 900 Georgia high school students. The search was done without a warrant and based on tips from students who had been questioned about a string of robberies. Those students told police there may be illicit drugs at the school. It included pat-downs and drug dog inspections of bags, lockers and cars. It all turned up nothing. It was the second such search in a month. Both were likely mass violations of the students’ Fourth Amendment rights.

But now, a lawsuit filed on behalf of several students and seeking class-action status for all of them makes some far more disturbing allegations:

a) Deputies ordered students to stand facing the wall with their hands and legs spread wide apart;

b) Deputies touched and manipulated students’ breasts and genitals;

c) Deputies inserted fingers inside girls’ bras, and pulled up girls’ bras, touching and partially exposing their bare breasts;

d) Deputies touched girls’ underwear by placing hands inside the waistbands of their pants or reaching up their dresses;

e) Deputies touched girls’ vaginal areas through their underwear;

f) Deputies cupped or groped boys’ genitals and touched their buttocks through their pants.

Continued at link above.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
While I like to separate teens from their drugs as much as possible, if you or I did this it would be considered pedophilia. Think they went a little too far here.
The Republic is lost.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Wow- 900 kids searched on the word of students. Someone has some explaining to do.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
When I was in school everyone left their drugs in their cars  with their guns and alcohol.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline rodamala

When I was in school everyone left their drugs in their cars  with their guns and alcohol.

When I was in HS, there was a designated/approved place for kids to smoke.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
When I was in HS, there was a designated/approved place for kids to smoke.

I don't remember an approved place to smoke. But we weren't really looking for approval.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley