Author Topic: Trump moves to accept hundreds of refugees from Iran under Obama deal  (Read 840 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Monday, June 12, 2017

President Trump is preparing to accept hundreds of refugees from Iran and other terrorist-connected countries, taking them from camps being maintained by Australia under a deal his predecessor struck, without putting them through the long vetting that usually takes place, according to a new report being released Monday.

Some of the refugees have tried to cleanse their social media presence to try to delete red flags that could cost them their chance to come to the U.S., the Center for Immigration Studies report concludes.

A staggering 88 percent of the refugees have some level of mental illness or disorder, according to a U.N. health inspection last year. And the center’s report documents incidents of rape and sexual assault perpetrated by the refugees on locals.

more
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/12/trump-moves-accept-hundreds-refugees-iran/?utm_source=onesignal&utm_campaign=pushnotify&utm_medium=push
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

House them at Guantanamo.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline RoosGirl

@Frank Cannon I don't see anyone up in arms about this, does that mean it's okay?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Bump to follow

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Crazy Iranians? What could possibly go wrong?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline DiogenesLamp

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Monday, June 12, 2017

President Trump is preparing to accept hundreds of refugees from Iran and other terrorist-connected countries, taking them from camps being maintained by Australia under a deal his predecessor struck, without putting them through the long vetting that usually takes place, according to a new report being released Monday.

Some of the refugees have tried to cleanse their social media presence to try to delete red flags that could cost them their chance to come to the U.S., the Center for Immigration Studies report concludes.

A staggering 88 percent of the refugees have some level of mental illness or disorder, according to a U.N. health inspection last year. And the center’s report documents incidents of rape and sexual assault perpetrated by the refugees on locals.

more
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/12/trump-moves-accept-hundreds-refugees-iran/?utm_source=onesignal&utm_campaign=pushnotify&utm_medium=push

Mariel Boat lift all over again.   Don't fall for it Donald. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

House them at Guantanamo.

Good idea.   Sort out the crazies and the violent from actual refugees. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
We used to be friends with Iran and many of the people are pro-American.   Not counting the crazies in charge of course.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline skeeter

@Frank Cannon I don't see anyone up in arms about this, does that mean it's okay?

When do conservatives ever go up in arms about anything?

Offline RoosGirl

When do conservatives ever go up in arms about anything?

Yes, I pointed that out earlier.  He and I were having a conversation that people don't care about stuff like gov't sponsored "Pride" month because no one is up in arms about it.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Trump moves to accept hundreds of refugees from Iran under Obama deal
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 06:23:55 pm »
We used to be friends with Iran and many of the people are pro-American.   Not counting the crazies in charge of course.

Not an exact parallel, but we have a large contingent of anti-communist Cubans in America. Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio come from such families.

Likewise we do have a large number of Iranians that came here during the Shah's regime, and more that got out later, after the mullahs took charge.

Finally I have met Iranians that were Jews, Christians, Bahai and even Zoroastrian. Yes muslims, too. My wife has worked with Iranian women, that don't wear headgear here. When they go back to Iran they wear headgear, to avoid trouble so they can visit their families.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 07:05:25 pm »
Not an exact parallel, but we have a large contingent of anti-communist Cubans in America. Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio come from such families.

Likewise we do have a large number of Iranians that came here during the Shah's regime, and more that got out later, after the mullahs took charge.

Finally I have met Iranians that were Jews, Christians, Bahai and even Zoroastrian. Yes muslims, too. My wife has worked with Iranian women, that don't wear headgear here. When they go back to Iran they wear headgear, to avoid trouble so they can visit their families.

Iran in the 1970s.

Thanks Jimmy Carter!    The world is a worse place for you having attained the Presidency. 

Thanks Media for making the Jimmy Carter Presidency possible with your slanderous and constant assaults on Nixon! 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2017, 07:09:18 pm »
Trump moves to accept hundreds of refugees from Iran under Obama deal

« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 07:09:55 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2017, 09:57:09 pm »

Iran in the 1970s.

My boss in the 70s went to Iran often. He was a much traveled guy. He said Tehran was his favorite place, except the cab rides.

That of course preceded the mad mullahs.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2017, 10:12:09 pm »
My boss in the 70s went to Iran often. He was a much traveled guy. He said Tehran was his favorite place, except the cab rides.

That of course preceded the mad mullahs.

I've known several people who were stationed in Iran in 1979.   One of them was a US Army officer at the time and he fully blames Jimmy Carter for almost getting him killed.   

He despised Jimmy Carter,  as do several of the other men whom i've met who were in Iran while the Shah was there.   

As for the officer,  he was one of the men charged with finding and controlling the people and material used in the German Atomic bomb effort during World War II.   He told me about the time he had to guard a German Scientist being transported on a Train to one of our bases in Germany.   

He had handcuffs and a pistol,  and he told the man he would not hesitate to kill him if he tried to escape.   He said the man gave him no troubles. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2017, 01:24:30 am »
"refugees from Iran and other terrorist-connected countries"

Not just from Iran it seems. No "severe vetting" here it seems.