Author Topic: Cosby trial: Defense rests in minutes as Camille Cosby stands by her husband  (Read 1267 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Cosby trial: Defense rests in minutes as Camille Cosby stands by her husband

Published June 12, 2017  Fox News

Bill Cosby arrived at court Monday for day six of his sexual assault trial with his wife of 53 years by his side. Bill and Camille Cosby smiled and walked arm-in-arm as they entered the courthouse.

The defense called just one witness and then promptly rested its case.

Cosby’s team called up the detective who led the 2005 investigation into allegations Cosby drugged and violated Andrea Constand at his suburban Philadelphia home.

Detective Richard Schaffer was one of 12 witnesses who testified during the five-day prosecution case.

Cosby attorneys said they would not call any character witnesses. Then, Judge Steven O'Neill shot down the defense's bid to call a second witness, a woman who worked with Constand at Cosby's alma mater, Temple University.

The defense rested their case after questioning Schaffer for approximately four minutes.

The prosecution rested its case Friday after five swift days of testimony in the case that could send the 79-year-old Cosby to prison for the rest of his life.

snip

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/06/12/cosby-trial-defense-rests-in-minutes-as-camille-cosby-stands-by-her-husband.html
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

He's gonna walk.

Offline Mom MD

Sad.  I don't understand her standing up for Cosby.  He admits to the sex with multiple women his only contention was whether it was consensual or not.  Either way he betrayed their marriage vows rather casually on multiple occasions.  In a similar position I doubt I would be smiling and supportive of my husband in court.  Thankfully I married a godly man who would never put me in that position
God is still in control

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
He's gonna walk.

At least he's going to have to keep looking behind his shoulder.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

Sad.  I don't understand her standing up for Cosby.  He admits to the sex with multiple women his only contention was whether it was consensual or not.  Either way he betrayed their marriage vows rather casually on multiple occasions.
Exactly. I don't understand how any woman could put up with that.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline thackney

Exactly. I don't understand how any woman could put up with that.

Purely my guess:

Bill Cosby Net Worth: $400 Million
http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/celeb/comedian/bill-cosby-net-worth/
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Applewood

Sad.  I don't understand her standing up for Cosby.  He admits to the sex with multiple women his only contention was whether it was consensual or not.  Either way he betrayed their marriage vows rather casually on multiple occasions.  In a similar position I doubt I would be smiling and supportive of my husband in court.  Thankfully I married a godly man who would never put me in that position

Probably a number of reasons and often having to do with financial security.

In this case, though, I wonder about finances, what with cancellation of his appearances and such. Hopefully,  beginning in his earlier years, he was smart enough to have some money put away for the proverbial rainy day. 

Edited to add:  @thackney  -- Thanks for the link.  I guess Mrs. C doesn't have to worry then. 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 06:49:17 pm by Applewood »

Offline Mom MD

Purely my guess:

Bill Cosby Net Worth: $400 Million
http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/celeb/comedian/bill-cosby-net-worth/

Normally i would agree but I suspect after this many years of marriage she would receive a substantial portion of that if she left him
God is still in control

Offline thackney

Normally i would agree but I suspect after this many years of marriage she would receive a substantial portion of that if she left him

I doubt the acceptance of his behavior was a new development in the last couple years.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

Maybe she is waiting till after the trial.  Not that a split would influence the jury,
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I doubt the acceptance of his behavior was a new development in the last couple years.

Common sense.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Jury is out now. This was quick.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Suppressed

Then, Judge Steven O'Neill shot down the defense's bid to call a second witness...

I wish the reason had been given. Judges and their playing with the Rules of evidence ... so much injustice follows from that.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gideon300

• Equal Opportunity Bigot
Not a chance!

Yeah, I remember saying that about OJ...

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Apparently there are updates on the trial via twitter.

Which pieces of testimony the jury requested read back, etc.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Right_in_Virginia

Fox News: Jury deadlocked in #BillCosby sex assault trial; Judge orders them to try again.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Fox News: Jury deadlocked in #BillCosby sex assault trial; Judge orders them to try again.

Try again as in new trial or have the Jury try again to unlock?  Not near a TV.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Try again as in new trial or have the Jury try again to unlock?  Not near a TV.

Go back and try again.  Yes, try to unlock.  @catfish1957

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher