Author Topic: FBI investigating Jane Sanders for possible fraud: report  (Read 627 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FBI investigating Jane Sanders for possible fraud: report
« on: June 12, 2017, 02:13:52 pm »
FBI investigating Jane Sanders for possible fraud: report
The Hill, Jun 12, 2017, Olivia Beavers

Federal investigators are looking into allegations that Sen. Bernie Sanders’s (I-Vt.) wife, Jane Sanders, falsified loan documents while she served as the president of Burlington College, according to multiple reports.

The small Vermont liberal arts school closed down in May 2016, after going bankrupt and failing to meet accreditation standards.

The college began to face financial difficulties during Sanders's tenure from 2004 to 2011, falling $10 million into debt when the school purchased a new campus in 2010.

Sanders has been accused of falsifying the information on the loan documents in order to expand the college grounds.

The VTdigger.org reported that some of the donors Sanders appealed to for help with loans are now in contact with the FBI and Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).

More:  http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/332313-fbi-investigating-jane-sanders-for-alleged-bank-fraud-report

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: FBI investigating Jane Sanders for possible fraud: report
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 02:37:19 pm »
It's about time!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: FBI investigating Jane Sanders for possible fraud: report
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 02:57:48 pm »
The money would have been better spent in upgrading their basketball program. Worked out great for Gonzaga!  lol

We never knew how financially desperate Gonzaga was during my years at GU, 72-76. We knew money was tight, but that was about it.

The ROTC department really helped in that regard. Although we averaged around 100 cadets, or about 5% of the student body, IIRC 75% of the cadets (if not more) were on ROTC scholarships. I was one of those lucky ones, never had to worry about how to pay tuition, books, lab fees, etc.

Then there was Dr. Dan (Black Dan) Brajcich. For years, he was the only professor who taught every accounting class from sophomore year on. He was my accounting professor for over 30 hours. He also signed his paycheck back over to the University, as he had a very successful accounting firm in Spokane...not to mention his 10 kids went through Gonzaga tuition free.

The emergence of our basketball program has been of great benefit: undergrad enrollment exceeds 5000 now, and our endowment is well over $150 million. I'll be visiting the campus next month, my first visit in over 15 years. I'm looking forward to seeing how the campus has been transformed, with new facilities to handle the additional students.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.