Author Topic: D.C. Spending $20,000 to Paint LGBTQ Murals on Storm Drains  (Read 679 times)

rangerrebew

D.C. Spending $20,000 to Paint LGBTQ Murals on Storm Drains
Posted By Elizabeth Harrington On June 10, 2017 @ 5:00 am In Issues | No Comments

The District of Columbia is spending $20,000 to pay artists to paint environmentally friendly, pro-LGBTQ murals on storm drains.

Mayor Muriel Bowser unveiled a "rainbow-colored crosswalk" on Friday to promote gay pride parades that are taking place in the city this weekend. Bowser announced storm drains would also be painted by local artists to "celebrate the LGBTQ identity" and the environment.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/issues/d-c-spending-20000-paint-lgbtq-murals-storm-drains/

Offline thackney

Re: D.C. Spending $20,000 to Paint LGBTQ Murals on Storm Drains
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 12:03:15 pm »
There is an interesting choice in celebrating LGBTQXWYZ on the sewers...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 12:26:13 pm »
6,000 years of civilization, down the drain...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 12:29:38 pm »
There is an interesting choice in celebrating LGBTQXWYZ on the sewers...
Yep, seems about right.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 03:03:48 pm »
It's okay, I'm told no one cares about this kind of thing anymore.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 03:13:11 pm »
It's okay, I'm told no one cares about this kind of thing anymore.

Can you find any DC residents rising up against this waste of their taxpayer dollars? I can't.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 03:15:49 pm »
Can you find any DC residents rising up against this waste of their taxpayer dollars? I can't.

If it was happening where I live you wouldn't find me rising up against the waste of money either, because it wouldn't do any good and the backlash from the homo community would be more than I am willing to put my family through.  That doesn't mean this nonsense should be happening.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 03:38:47 pm »
D.C. Spending $20,000 to Paint LGBTQ Murals on Storm Drains
Posted By Elizabeth Harrington On June 10, 2017 @ 5:00 am In Issues | No Comments

to paint environmentally friendly, pro-LGBTQ murals on storm drains

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/issues/d-c-spending-20000-paint-lgbtq-murals-storm-drains/

Why not just open the drains and let these freaks party where they feel at home?

Sorry but no compassion on those that pervert the streets and corrupt the youth of this generation.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 03:41:15 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 03:41:24 pm »
If it was happening where I live you wouldn't find me rising up against the waste of money either, because it wouldn't do any good and the backlash from the homo community would be more than I am willing to put my family through.  That doesn't mean this nonsense should be happening.

Well I don't know where you live, but where I live there would be a massive stink about it. That is why I live where I do and not some shithole like DC, San Fran or NYC.

Offline thackney

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 03:43:46 pm »
Well I don't know where you live, but where I live there would be a massive stink about it. That is why I live where I do and not some shithole like DC, San Fran or NYC.

Where I live, there isn't a storm sewer to paint.  That is why I live where I do as well.  Well away from a city and the associated governmental spending on crap.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 03:48:03 pm »
Yet there're armies of lawyers looking to jump on any Christian icon found on any kind of publicly owned property.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 03:57:19 pm »
Where I live, there isn't a storm sewer to paint.  That is why I live where I do as well.  Well away from a city and the associated governmental spending on crap.

If you have to pay every time you take a shit in your own house, you are living in the wrong place.

Offline thackney

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2017, 04:03:52 pm »
If you have to pay every time you take a shit in your own house, you are living in the wrong place.

You don't have a water meter where you live?

I get to control the maintenance and the associated costs for my water and sewer system.  I'm happy with the results.

And if I have a total failure, there are a enough trees to hide behind in the back pasture.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2017, 04:14:06 pm »
We're on well and septic here also, for probably the same reasons as y'all.  I was speaking as a generality.  But, stuff like this does matter.  I don't see a bunch of people up in arms about terrorist attacks.  Maybe it's that I don't see it, maybe it's not happening.  Does that mean that terrorist attacks don't matter?