Author Topic: Qatar’s former emir paid $1 million ‘to hide controversial recordings’  (Read 213 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This is largely hearsay from a book but still merits being heard it sounds like to me- Still, in all likelihood true since the beat goes on about Qatar supporting Terrorists, even the President said it once again:
Qatar’s former emir paid $1 million ‘to hide controversial recordings’
Former Qatari emir, Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, allegedly paid $1 million to attain videos of his interviews with al-Qaeda members. (Reuters)
Mohammed Jarrah – Al-Arabiya.net Sunday, 11 June 2017

In his book “In the way of harm: from the strongholds of al-Qaeda to the heart of ISIS,” Yosri Fouda, a former Al-Jazeera reporter, wrote about how the former Qatari emir, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, allegedly paid $1 million to attain videos of his interviews with al-Qaeda members.

According to his book, Fouda secretly met with al-Qaeda members in 2002 and was waiting for the group to send the recordings.

“While he was spending his summer vacation in London, Hamad bin Thamer Al Thani, chairman of the Al-Jazeera board, called to invite me to dinner. This was normal considering the professional and friendly relationship between us,” Fouda wrote.

“When I arrived to an Italian restaurant in James Street, I saw him waiting for me near the door. We went inside and to my shock, I saw a man casually dressed in denim, having minestrone soup. It took few seconds before I realized I was looking at Qatar’s emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani,” he added.

Fouda said that he was warmly welcomed and asked to sit down.

Continued: http://english.alarabiya.net/en/features/2017/06/11/What-were-the-tapes-that-Qatar-s-former-emir-paid-1-million-for-.html