Author Topic: Bobcat traps mom, children in New Jersey home  (Read 1103 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Bobcat traps mom, children in New Jersey home
« on: June 11, 2017, 02:31:09 pm »

Washington Township police captured this images of a bobcat that wound up inside a home, trapping a mother and her two children in the bathroom on Wednesday. The bobcat later left the house and ran into the woods. It is not clear if that bobcat was the same cat that was captured in the township after attacking a dog the next day.
 June 09, 2017
Bobcat traps mom, children in New Jersey home
A day later, a possibly rabid bobcat was captured after attacking dog

By Andrew Parent

PhillyVoice Contributor

Bobcats caused a stir in a New Jersey township this week.

Police in Washington Township, Morris County, said a mother and her two young children encountered a bobcat, New Jersey's only wild cat, in their home on Wednesday.

A day later, officers there trapped and killed a possibly rabid bobcat that had attacked a dog on Thursday.

It was not clear whether the cat captured Thursday was the same one that trapped the woman and children in the bathroom of their East Mill Road home on Wednesday.

Continued: http://www.phillyvoice.com/bobcat-traps-mom-children-new-jersey-home/

To bad if they did feel the need to destroy it.  They must be ferocious.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Bobcat traps mom, children in New Jersey home
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 12:05:13 pm »
Kitty ping!

@Hopalong Ginsberg
@rodamala
@Suppressed
@To-Whose-Benefit?
@Applewood
@CatherineofAragon
@EC

@Cyber Liberty
Anyone who wants to be added to the kitty ping list,, pm me  8888sitting kitty 8888sitting kitty
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 01:16:09 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 12:27:35 pm »
To bad if they did feel the need to destroy it.  They must be ferocious.

Usually if a cat is seen during the day something is wrong.  They are either starving or sick and rabies is high on the list.  I live in an area with mountain lion and in 16 years I have never seen one though I do think one was in my yard one night judging by my dogs behavior.  Unfortunately any cat seen during daylight particularly one willing to tangle with humans probably needs to be put down because of the rabies risk 
God is still in control

Silver Pines

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 11:08:58 am »
@Freya , thank you!

🐱🐯

Silver Pines

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 11:17:07 am »
Usually if a cat is seen during the day something is wrong.  They are either starving or sick and rabies is high on the list.  I live in an area with mountain lion and in 16 years I have never seen one though I do think one was in my yard one night judging by my dogs behavior.  Unfortunately any cat seen during daylight particularly one willing to tangle with humans probably needs to be put down because of the rabies risk

@Mom MD

That's reasonable, though the animal lover in me cringes, lol.  One of my husband's co-workers developed a unique relationship with a wild bobcat.  They would leave food out on the deck for him---never a good idea.  When thunderstorms came along, the cat would run to the door to be let in, and it would hide under a bed until the storm passed.

The bobcat stopped coming around, and it's been years since they last saw him.  I just wonder what on earth caused such odd behavior.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 12:15:11 pm »
@Mom MD

That's reasonable, though the animal lover in me cringes, lol.  One of my husband's co-workers developed a unique relationship with a wild bobcat.  They would leave food out on the deck for him---never a good idea.  When thunderstorms came along, the cat would run to the door to be let in, and it would hide under a bed until the storm passed.

The bobcat stopped coming around, and it's been years since they last saw him.  I just wonder what on earth caused such odd behavior.

The animal lover in me doesn't like it either but if it is rabies which is highly likely being put down is a lot kinder and quicker
God is still in control

Silver Pines

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 12:28:55 pm »
The animal lover in me doesn't like it either but if it is rabies which is highly likely being put down is a lot kinder and quicker

@Mom MD

I agree.  When it comes to animals, I always hear/see emotionally before I have to tell my brain to kick in.