Author Topic: Scenes From LA Pride (#ResistMarch): Maxine Waters Advises People to "Stay Woke"  (Read 870 times)

Offline endicom

Townhall
Jennifer Van Laar
June 11, 2017

The annual LA Pride Parade has been replaced by #ResistMarch this year, ostensibly to resist oppression the Trump administration might attempt to impose upon the LGBT community.

Local Rep. Maxine Waters led the crowd in a creative chant, ending with a few words of advice:

More... https://townhall.com/tipsheet/jennifervanlaar/2017/06/11/headlining-la-pride-maxine-waters-n2339661

Offline endicom

Maxine is like a Nuremberg Nincompoop.

Ted Lieu is like some people here.

Offline Applewood

"Stay woke?"

Looked her up on Wikipedia.  She's a college graduate, degree in sociology.  Sigh! 

Offline endicom

"Stay woke?"

Looked her up on Wikipedia.  She's a college graduate, degree in sociology.  Sigh!

If you need just any ol' degree then you look for the easiest degree available. Sociology can be that degree.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
"Stay woke?"

Unfortunately, being a social justice warrior involves committing violence on the English language, so that's what they call it.

Did you really expect half way decent grammar from college students?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Unfortunately, being a social justice warrior involves committing violence on the English language, so that's what they call it.

Did you really expect half way decent grammar from college students?

"Woke" fast joining "BOOM" as a most overused phrase indicating the mentality of a 12 year old.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Boom is pathetic. Woke is incredibly irritating.

Using U instead of you - I'll hunt you down.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Boom is pathetic. Woke is incredibly irritating.

Using U instead of you - I'll hunt you down.  :tongue2:

The Urbanologists like to declare that the language is changing dramatically but it really isn't. I recently saw some video of myself and some friends as teenagers back in the early 80s and we really didn't use much in the way of slang.

Most notable were the words no longer used because objects no longer exist or the lack of words for things that didn't exist then. My friend Al asking for a quarter so he could run into town and use the pay phone to make a call. We did talk about playing video games at the arcade. There was no talk of twitter, texting, facebook, or email.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
"Stay woke?"

In the sense of their use of the word, it's accurate. (It's not so in proper English.) To SJW's, "woke" is an adjective describing full belief in the falsehoods, conspiracy theories and grievances that underpin all of their actions.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline goatprairie

If you need just any ol' degree then you look for the easiest degree available. Sociology can be that degree.
I remember taking sociology 101 in college way back in the late sixties thinking it might an easy and interesting class. It was incredibly dull.   
One time the professor had a real live sociologist give a speech about sociology to the fairly large class.  The guy was supposed to inform the class about the careers available as a sociologist.
Talk about putting people to sleep.  The guy was absolutely the dullest speaker on any topic I've ever heard.  If he had anything interesting to say about sociology, it was lost on most of us.
After he was done giving his spiel which lasted most of the period, the professor asked the class if anyone had a question for Mr. X the real, live sociologist.
Not ONE!!!  person raised their hand in a class of about sixty or more students.  The prof looked around the room stunned with the guest speaker looking around befuddled as well.  No one in the class was interested in asking the guy a question.
 Maybe most of the class was still sleeping, but I'll bet the great majority was just glad the guy's lecture was done with.   Instead of being a sociologist, he should have been taping his speeches and selling them to people who had insomnia.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 11:45:51 am by goatprairie »