Author Topic: Top liberals openly plot, promote expansion of ‘deep state’ at Constitution conference  (Read 312 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Leading left-wing students and civil servants met this week at the American Constitution Society’s national convention, and the message was loud and clear: The “deep state” should be encouraged and expanded.

The “deep state” refers to the movement believed to exist within government to undermine President Donald Trump’s policy efforts by thwarting his goals, leaking information to the press and engaging in other subversive activities.

“We hear a lot of language about draining the swamp and this idea about a deep state that somehow was going to thwart the intentions or the political mandate of the president,” UCLA law professor Jon Michaels said, according to a report by the Washington Examiner’s Ryan Lovelace. “I kind of embrace this notion of the ‘deep state.'”

“It’s hard to figure out exactly what , I don’t think we’ve hit our stride on that,” Michaels said. “But from my understanding people are still kind of probing and poking around at what can be done and the creativity and resourcefulness of people is in some ways boundless and so I imagine what I would hope to see is kind of organic — ‘loyal opposition’ is probably too strong — but ways of having well-prepared, well-defined boundaries of opposition.”

More: http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/06/10/top-liberals-openly-plot-promote-expansion-of-deep-state-at-constitution-conference/
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink