Author Topic: So far, so good: President Trump signed more bills into law than his four predecessors: report  (Read 2261 times)

Online corbe

So far, so good: President Trump signed more bills into law than his four predecessors: report

Republican-led House also deemed most productve in the “modern era’

By Jennifer Harper - The Washington Times - Saturday, June 10, 2017

House Speaker Paul Ryan and House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy have issued a very promising report about President Trump so far in his presidency. Compared to his immediate predecessors, Mr. Trump is forging ahead in his bid to better the nation and move forward.

“To date, President Trump has signed 37 bills into law, placing him ahead of the last four administrations,” the two Republican leaders noted in a report issued Thursday.

At this point in his presidency, President Obama had signed off on 24 bills. President George W. Bush signed 15, President Clinton 33 bills and President George H.W. Bush 35.

<..snip..>

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/10/president-trump-has-signed-more-bills-into-law-tha/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

So what were the contents of these bills?  Merely running your signing hand doesn't count as working hard. 

Online corbe

I thought it time to once again affirm that I can post Trump 'fluff' articles, even though I won't get credit for this. I feel much better now.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Right_in_Virginia

So what were the contents of these bills? 

If you're really interested in an answer @Oceander you'll find it here:  https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/legislation

Offline Frank Cannon

So what were the contents of these bills?

These were 37 one dollar bills he signed as souvenirs when he visited the strip club last week.

Oceander

If you're really interested in an answer @Oceander you'll find it here:  https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/legislation

I'll take that as a "plenty of fluff" admission.  Or are you too afraid to actually list what was in them. 

Also, since when is running your signing hand real work?  Did he draft any of the legislation, did he pull any long nights working with the Congress to put the bills together and then lobby for their passage?  Or was he just a human auto-signer, putting pen to whatever paper was shoved in front of him?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
So what were the contents of these bills?  Merely running your signing hand doesn't count as working hard.

Picky, picky, picky.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   I thought it time to once again affirm that I can post Trump 'fluff' articles, even though I won't get credit for this. I feel much better now.

You WERE going to get credit, but you just ruined it by the use of the term 'fluff.'

Oceander

Picky, picky, picky.

Yeah, I know.  I actually expect real value-add from whomever occupies the White House. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
These were 37 one dollar bills he signed as souvenirs when he visited the strip club last week.

With his money, he could have at least made it a ten.

Online Right_in_Virginia

I'll take that as a "plenty of fluff" admission.  Or are you too afraid to actually list what was in them.

Not at all @Oceander .... there are simply too many to list---

Also, since when is running your signing hand real work? 

Please don't take this personally, but I LOL reading this from someone without the energy or inclination to click on a link for the answer to the question he asked.    88devil

Oceander

Not at all @Oceander .... there are simply too many to list---

Please don't take this personally, but I LOL reading this from someone without the energy or inclination to click on a link for the answer to the question he asked.    88devil

In other words, what he's done is so negligible that you can't actually bring yourself to show what you claim he's done.

Since I'm not the president, and not the Great Orange Saviour who will MAGA, its not incumbent upon me to be more industrious than a robo-signer.  Your LOL would be better directed at DT.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
All I could really tell about those bills he signed was that there are way too many useless bills floating around and that Trump throwing that huge file about nothing on the floor was a significant gesture.

But, yes, I went there and these are the only two I found that any any significance whatever and I'm not sure about them.

H.J.Res. 69, which nullifies the Department of the Interior's Fish and Wildlife Service's final rule relating to non-subsistence takings of wildlife on National Wildlife Refuges in Alaska
n February 16, 2017
H.J.Res.38 - Disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of the Interior known as the Stream Protection Rule.

Oceander

All I could really tell about those bills he signed was that there are way too many useless bills floating around and that Trump throwing that huge file about nothing on the floor was a significant gesture.

But, yes, I went there and these are the only two I found that any any significance whatever and I'm not sure about them.

H.J.Res. 69, which nullifies the Department of the Interior's Fish and Wildlife Service's final rule relating to non-subsistence takings of wildlife on National Wildlife Refuges in Alaska
n February 16, 2017
H.J.Res.38 - Disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of the Interior known as the Stream Protection Rule.

Any idea how much personal time and effort Trump put in to getting that legislation drafted and passed?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
In other words, what he's done is so negligible that you can't actually bring yourself to show what you claim he's done.

Since I'm not the president, and not the Great Orange Saviour who will MAGA, its not incumbent upon me to be more industrious than a robo-signer.  Your LOL would be better directed at DT.

Well, blame Corbe.  He's the one who posted this.  Trump did not personally brag about signing these bills, and by the way, your use of the term 'orange' is old and you should discipline yourself to only use it occasionally.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Nope.  Not at all @Oceander .  Your "challenge" sounds desperate and a little foolish.  Click on the link and judge for yourself.  And since you're BR  family, I'll give you a warning before you do:  prepare yourself for a lot of reading. If you refuse to educate yourself on this, then it's time for you to let it go.

Good luck!   

« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 06:03:55 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Oceander

Nope.  Not at all @Oceander .  Your "challenge" sounds desperate and a little foolish.  Click on the link and judge for yourself.  And since you're BR  family, I'll give you a warning before you do:  prepare yourself for a lot of reading. If you refuse to educate yourself on this, then it's time for you to let it go.

Good luck!   

Still nothing.  It's pretty obvious that even you cannot maintain the pretense that Trump has done anything worthwhile.  If he had, you would have been able to list exactly what he's done. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Yay, more laws.

Get over it, everybody.

I think Corbe posted this as a joke.  At least I hope so.  So get off it.  Trump did not brag about this....if he had you might have a case to rail against him.  You don't.

Why don't you save the whining until you have something legitimate to whine about?

(oh, I forget, you have an unlimited supply of whining and will never run out.  More whines than Trump signed bills)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The last time Orange was funny.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Oceander

Orange is just inane, at best, now. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Orange is just inane, at best, now.

Just sayin' .... you can do better than always using 'orange' to defame Trump.

At least I hope you can.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

At least I hope you can.

....probably can't spell 'Julius'.     *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

At least I hope you can.

(A) I don't always use Orange to describe the MAGA god, and (B) "Orange" is not defamatory where Trump is concerned, it's a simple statement of fact, obvious to everyone other than those who have only seen Trump on a black and white television. 

Offline musiclady

(A) I don't always use Orange to describe the MAGA god, and (B) "Orange" is not defamatory where Trump is concerned, it's a simple statement of fact, obvious to everyone other than those who have only seen Trump on a black and white television.

:silly:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.