Author Topic: Trump tosses binders full of permit paperwork on the floor in dramatic protest of government regulations (that he worried he'd trip on later but didn't)  (Read 496 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump tosses binders full of permit paperwork on the floor in dramatic protest of government regulations (that he worried he'd trip on later but didn't)

Trump said he saw the binders laying out plans for an 18-mile road at a round table with transportation leaders before his event
    He skimmed the binders and made jokes about their content as he threw two of them on the floor
    Binders laid out plans for the Intercounty connector (ICC) running between I-270 to US 1 in Maryland and detailed a controversial environmental impact study
    'They spent $29 million dollars for an environmental report weighing 70 pounds and costing $24,000 per page,' Trump said from the podium
    On his way back to mic, Trump told the crowd, 'Better make sure I move it, I don't want to trip on the way out. That would be a big story'

By Francesca Chambers, White House Correspondent For Dailymail.com

Published: 13:01 EDT, 9 June 2017 | Updated: 13:35 EDT, 9 June 2017

President Donald Trump borrowed several binders of permit paperwork from a transportation official and threw them on the floor at a Friday morning event to shine a spotlight on the government's complex regulation process.

Trump said he saw the binders laying out plans for an 18-mile road at a round table with transportation leaders and asked their owner, a gentleman from Maryland, if he could use them in a demonstration.

'They spent $29 million dollars for an environmental report weighing 70 pounds and costing $24,000 per page,' Trump said from the podium.

Walking to his left, Trump skimmed the binders and made jokes about their content as he threw two of them on the floor.

He joked after, as he made his way back to the microphone, that he needed to be careful on his way out, so he did not trip and generate an embarrassing story.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Least it weren't binders full of women. That'd really upset people.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Let's see how this gets twisted.  They'll probably say he was throwing them at a gay midget transvestite.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Least it weren't binders full of women. That'd really upset people.

very cute ... well, maybe not very.... but his point was telling and correct.  We need to get rid of at least 50% of the committees and bureaucrats who do nothing but create paperwork.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
His rule that executive agencies have to scrap two rules for every one they introduce is a start. I'd like to see it an actual law though, not just an order that can be removed by the next pen and phone in the Oval Ofiice.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink