Author Topic: Trump's lawyer to file complaint against Comey: report  (Read 917 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump's lawyer to file complaint against Comey: report
« on: June 09, 2017, 02:23:35 pm »
Trump's lawyer to file complaint against Comey: report
By Julia Manchester - 06/09/17 09:42 AM EDT

President Trump’s outside attorney is planning on filing a complaint against fired FBI Director James Comey with the Justice Department over his handling of memos on his interactions with the president, CNN reported Friday.

Sources tell CNN the complaint surrounds Comey’s testimony Thursday that as a private citizen he relayed the content of his memos about his interactions with Trump to a friend of his, and asked him to give the content to a reporter.

It is not yet known when Trump attorney Marc Kasowitz will file the complaints.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/337095-trumps-lawyer-to-file-complaint-against-comey-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump's lawyer to file complaint against Comey: report
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 02:24:15 pm »
GREAT news!  AS they well should!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 02:32:20 pm »
According to what I'm reading/hearing, as a private citizen, Comey could release those as they were not top secret.  He owned his own thoughts he wrote down.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 02:33:35 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 02:34:10 pm »
According to what I'm reading/hearing, as a private citizen, Comey could release those as they were not top secret.

Weren't the memos government work product since he made them while FBI director?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 02:36:15 pm »
According to what I'm reading/hearing, as a private citizen, Comey could release those as they were not top secret.  He owned his own thoughts he wrote down.

Absolutely not!  He was still FBI director at the time and had NO right to release them to anyone other than his superiors!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 02:59:57 pm »
Weren't the memos government work product since he made them while FBI director?
@austingirl

Comey had to know he was legally protected releasing the memo or he would not have done it.  He knew the legality of his doing that.  He freely explained what he did.  He is not a goof ball who would get himself in legal trouble.  People dumping on him about this do not know the legal rules he knows.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 03:02:17 pm »
@austingirl

Comey had to know he was legally protected releasing the memo or he would not have done it.  He knew the legality of his doing that.  He freely explained what he did.  He is not a goof ball who would get himself in legal trouble.  People dumping on him about this do not know the legal rules he knows.

LOL!  He testified under oath yesterday that he did not know whether or not federal law enforcement agents are required to report crimes!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 03:10:43 pm »
Isn't this fake news?  After all, CNN cited unnamed sources.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 03:12:44 pm »
Gee, imagine that. another threatened lawsuit Trump is unlikely to file.

Trump's minions will happily play along and conveniently forget it like rest.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 04:00:36 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline beandog

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 03:41:45 pm »
Who exactly are you reading/hearing because what I'm hearing is he did now own them, they belonged to the government, top secret or not.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 03:53:33 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn3yL5TJFFM

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2017, 04:06:43 pm »

Get real. These were written as he was FBI Director. These are govt' property, not some notes for his memoir.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2017, 04:32:34 pm »
@austingirl

@Victoria33

After yesterday I have no idea what Comey knows about the law. I do know he is unethical, has poor judgment, is vindictive and bent over for Lynch.
Principles matter. Words matter.