Author Topic: Betsy DeVos appoints campus free speech advocate. Liberals are flipping out  (Read 873 times)

Offline endicom

Red Alert Politics
Ryan Girdusky
June 6, 2017

America has reached a consensus. We have a free speech problem when it comes to higher education, and there’s a growing crisis where colleges oppose inviting speakers to their campus who disagree with their political positions.

Thankfully, Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos has appointed free speech advocate Adam Kissel to deputy assistant secretary for higher education programs effective June 19.

More... http://redalertpolitics.com/2017/06/06/betsy-devos-appoints-campus-free-speech-advocate-liberals-flipping/

Betsy The Boss may have been a boss pick.

Offline rodamala

I am unfamiliar with the Individual Rights Defense Program, but know that the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE) is an excellent organization standing up for the constitutional rights of all students.

Offline endicom

I am unfamiliar with the Individual Rights Defense Program, but know that the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE) is an excellent organization standing up for the constitutional rights of all students.

Turns out that it's a FIRE program: https://www.thefire.org/about-us/programs/

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Damn Freedom of Speech always gets in the way of a good thing.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Cut off any and all federal money to schools, which disallow free speech, etc.

The schools' administrations need to retake adult style control.

Kick offending students out, with no refund of fees paid. Turn their names over to local and state police.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline endicom

Cut off any and all federal money to schools, which disallow free speech, etc.

The schools' administrations need to retake adult style control.

Kick offending students out, with no refund of fees paid. Turn their names over to local and state police.

College students are not supposed to be children so taking a harder line with them would be appropriate.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
loco parentis
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: