Author Topic: 'Excellent swimmers': Dem mayor floats migrants as solution for city's lifeguard shortage  (Read 1727 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 :silly:

'Excellent swimmers': Dem mayor floats migrants as solution for city's lifeguard shortage
NYC has been struggling with a massive migrant crisis
Adam Shaw By Adam Shaw Fox News
Published May 14, 2024 4:05pm EDT

New York City Mayor Eric Adams on Tuesday called for migrants to be allowed to work as lifeguards as the city faces a shortage for the role -- arguing that many are "excellent swimmers."

Adams was asked at a press conference about a lifeguard shortage in the city as Memorial Day nears and with the summer months approaching.

He said the situation could be helped "If we had a migrant and asylum seeker plan that states those jobs that we are…in high demand we could expedite."

"How do we have a large body of people that are in our city, and country, that are excellent swimmers and, at the same time, we need lifeguards -- and the only obstacle is that we won’t give them the right to work to become a lifeguard," he said.

"That just doesn’t make sense."

He listed off other occupations, including food service workers and nurses, where the Big Apple may face shortages.

"We have all these eligible people waiting to work with the skills we need to fill the jobs but we are unable to allow them to work because bureaucracy is in the way," he said. "That just does not make sense."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/excellent-swimmers-dem-mayor-floats-migrants-solution-citys-lifeguard-shortage
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Dr. Jebra Faushay
@JebraFaushay
You just can’t argue with logic.
Make illegal aliens lifeguards NOW.
6:32 PM · May 14, 2024

Steve Smith
@dannyandricky
Just remember to yell Ayuda when drowning.
6:45 PM · May 14, 2024

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

:rolling: :rolling:  At first I thought it was a Babylon Bee article.   :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online rustynail

How long is their leg hair?

Offline libertybele

How long is their leg hair?

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :silly: :silly: :mauslaff:  That one had me laughing till tears rolled down my cheeks.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

I think Mayor Adams misunderstands the meaning of a certain racial slur for migrants that cross the Southern Border.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, their backs are already wet, so why not?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
There is a lifeguard shortage all over.

I wonder why teens aren't doing this for summer vacation - you can make really good money at it because demand is more than the supply at the moment.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline MajorClay

He should be crucified for this insensitive comment.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Waiting to see the Babylon Bee's take on the mayor's comments...