Author Topic: Conservatives have 7-point edge in YouGov's final U.K. election projection  (Read 360 times)

Offline endicom

Market Watch
Mike Murphy
June 7, 2017

The final YouGov projection before Thursday's U.K. snap election predicts the Conservatives will prevail and gain seats in Parliament, though far fewer than predicted six weeks ago.

More... http://www.marketwatch.com/story/conservatives-have-7-point-edge-in-yougovs-final-uk-election-projection-2017-06-07

Wingnut

Hope they poll better across the pond than they do  here.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

I claim no knowledge of UK politics, but did notice the charge against May was she cut 20,000 police.

Should her opponent effectively raise that charge, the poll gap might close.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Wingnut

I claim no knowledge of UK politics, but did notice the charge against May was she cut 20,000 police.

Well Corbyn is a wanker and it has been brought up that he also he wanted to cut the force.   So it's a wash.  No gain for Labour.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

It was rebutted - effectively - by pointing out her opponent has voted against every single counter terrorism bill since he was first elected to Parliament. Didn't matter who were sitting in 10 Downing St., he voted against every time.

Thankfully, we don't have the same sort of barrage of non stop TV ads and robocalls, just junk mail. Even so, there is 8 minutes of campaigning time left. All campaigning ceases at midnight, and it's one of the many restrictions that is honored.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
THE SUN SAYS Forget Ukip or Labour, vote Tory — they alone are committed to seeing Brexit through in full

Make Jeremy Corbyn Prime Minister and we'll be a global laughing stock
Comment
By The Sun
7th June 2017, 2:02 am
Updated: 7th June 2017, 3:29 am

THE Sun today has a simple message for our readers thinking of voting for Ukip or Labour tomorrow: Don’t.

Let us explain why.

Don’t assume the Tories will win… your vote could make the difference

Ukip has succeeded wildly in its only real aim: to get Britain out of the EU. But it no longer serves any purpose and its leaders know it.

It is only standing in half the seats nationwide.

The Tories alone are committed to seeing Brexit through in full.

Continued: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3741077/the-sun-says-forget-ukip-or-labour-vote-tory-they-alone-are-committed-to-seeing-brexit-through-in-full/

An interesting read, now that I've found out about the two top candidates, I would consider the other candidates but perhaps the Sun is correct.

Oceander

This is an improvement in the yougov poll.