Author Topic: Blame Comey If Your Employees Aren't Working Thursday Morning  (Read 841 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Not the Onion. This is apparently a dead serious article.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-06-07/blame-comey-if-your-employees-aren-t-working-thursday-at-10-a-m

by Gerry Smith
June 7, 2017

Rob Heim didn’t think many people would want to show up. After all, it’s a Thursday morning.

But when Shaw’s Tavern posted on social media it was hosting a watch party for James Comey’s congressional testimony, the response was overwhelming, said Heim, the general manager. By Tuesday, almost 400 people had replied on Facebook that they’re going.

Shaw’s, located just minutes away from Capitol Hill in Washington, plans to open 90 minutes early Thursday, at 9:30 a.m., to air the hearing on its 10 TVs. In a nod to the theme, Heim plans to serve $5 Russian Stoli vodkas and a $10 “FBI sandwich” -- fried chicken, bacon and iceberg lettuce.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Blame Comey If Your Employees Aren't Working Thursday Morning
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 02:42:25 am »
I will miss Fox Business tomorrow as the world stands still for precious Comey. I think I have some HGTV reruns on DVR.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 02:43:59 am »
Don't care to watch either ... I have a spa pedicure scheduled.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 02:45:44 am »
Libs I'm seeing are building up to tomorrow like it is the magic key. Unless the leaked testimony script is bogus (they believe that or think it is misdirection), they will be sorely disappointed.

It will be, as expected, calculated, political, nothing answers that are safe from any incrimination.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 02:58:07 am »
There is something going on in the UK tomorrow.  I think a soccer match or some such thing.  I'll be checking that out.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 03:02:10 am »
Libs I'm seeing are building up to tomorrow like it is the magic key. Unless the leaked testimony script is bogus (they believe that or think it is misdirection), they will be sorely disappointed.

It will be, as expected, calculated, political, nothing answers that are safe from any incrimination.

His preliminary statement is here: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,266327.0.html

If it's bogus, the Senate fell for it and read it into the record.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 03:10:38 am »
Blame Comey If Your Employees Aren't Working Thursday Morning

First off, no one gives a shit out here in Realville about Comey. He is just another swamp dweller that only Beltway types care about. Beyond that the only work places that would tolorate employees screwing of on the company nickle is because they are Leftist social justice companies like Fakebook and Google where you get payed leave to wear a vagina on your head and call Donny a shitbag with other Libs.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 07:38:57 am »
Beyond that the only work places that would tolorate employees screwing of on the company nickle is because they are Leftist social justice companies like Fakebook and Google where you get payed leave to wear a vagina on your head and call Donny a shitbag with other Libs.

Not true, Frank. I used to let my employees watch such things, but made them write a report on it.

(I ran a newspaper.  :laugh:)
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn