Author Topic: Jeff Sessions suggested he could resign amid rising tension with President Trump  (Read 2434 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Exclusive: Jeff Sessions suggested he could resign amid rising tension with President Trump

By Jonathan Karl

Jun 6, 2017, 6:25 PM ET

As the White House braces for former FBI Director James Comey’s testimony Thursday, sources tell ABC News the relationship between President Donald Trump and Attorney General Jeff Sessions has become so tense that Sessions at one point recently even suggested he could resign.

The friction between the two men stems from the attorney general's abrupt decision in March to recuse himself from anything related to the Russia investigation -- a decision the president only learned about minutes before Sessions announced it publicly. Multiple sources say the recusal is one of the top disappointments of his presidency so far and one the president has remained fixated on.

more
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/attorney-general-jeff-sessions-suggested-resign-amid-rising/story?id=47875090
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I have always liked Sessions. But it appears Trump hoped to get somebody that would not retreat the first time voices were raised.

I would like them to work this out.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I have always liked Sessions. But it appears Trump hoped to get somebody that would not retreat the first time voices were raised.

Cruz would make an excellent attorney general but we can't afford to lose him in the Senate.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline endicom

If there is anything to work out.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trump seems to have a problem with an awful lot of people. It's never his fault, it's his staff, Sessions, etc. etc.

Never his fault.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Cruz would make an excellent attorney general but we can't afford to lose him in the Senate.

Lyin' Ted?  Instead of Attorney General he'd upgrade the job to Attorney Emperor.  Of course there is that fact that his family was involved in 3 of 4 presidential assassinations.  Even back to John Wilkes Croothe.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 02:10:14 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Suppressed

Yes, it's a shame he picked someone with ethics, ain't it?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Vulcan

Trump seems to have a problem with an awful lot of people. It's never his fault, it's his staff, Sessions, etc. etc.

Never his fault.

Trump is a lifetime New York liberal.  That he doesn't get along with a conservative Sessions was predictable.  Acceptable to his faithful, but predictable.

Offline Applewood

If I were Jeff Sessions, I would get off the crazy train NOW. 

I suppose a number of people joined the Trump administration to either enhance their resumes or in a genuine desire to help the new president undo eight years of near ruin under Obama.  But many of them are finding out that being a part of this administration is not as rewarding as they hoped. And I suspect that when their careers with this administration is over, they might not have much of a career left.   Or their minds.

Offline DB

If I were Jeff Sessions, I would get off the crazy train NOW. 

I suppose a number of people joined the Trump administration to either enhance their resumes or in a genuine desire to help the new president undo eight years of near ruin under Obama.  But many of them are finding out that being a part of this administration is not as rewarding as they hoped. And I suspect that when their careers with this administration is over, they might not have much of a career left.   Or their minds.

I think it is likely that any conservatives that sign up with the Trump administration will have their careers stunted, perhaps permanently.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Where's all the people's crying fake news yesterday about tension between Trump and Sessions?

:2popcorn:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

• Technical
Where's all the people's crying fake news yesterday about tension between Trump and Sessions?

I was confused about that, because Trump himself made a damn tweet against the DoJ. How is that fake news?

Offline kevindavis007

Never his fault.

Actually it is the fault of Deep State...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

rangerrebew

Report: Trump-Sessions Relationship So Tense AG Offered Resignation
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2017, 11:33:13 am »
Report: Trump-Sessions Relationship So Tense AG Offered Resignation

Kevin Daley
Legal Affairs Reporter
6:57 PM 06/06/2017

The relationship between President Donald Trump and Attorney General Jeff Sessions has reportedly become so strained that the AG offered to resign.

ABC News, citing unnamed sources, reports that the president remains fixated on Sessions’ decision to recuse himself from the ongoing investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/06/report-trump-sessions-relationship-so-tense-ag-offered-resignation/
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 11:33:57 am by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Report: Trump-Sessions Relationship So Tense AG Offered Resignation
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2017, 11:34:46 am »
ABC and "unnamed" sources are not a recipe for truth.

Offline Night Hides Not

Never his fault.

That's my biggest issue with most of those in leadership positions today. Very few take responsibility for their actions, except when the results are good.

Anyone here who has ever served as a platoon leader in the Army knows what I'm talking about. It was drilled to me from day one: everything my unit does or fails to do is my responsibility. I never truly understood it until I flunked my first tac eval, with a platoon that I was assigned to that first day.

The "fair" move would have been to give the tac eval to the platoon I had worked with for nearly four months. I had a great relationship with my platoon sergeant, and our four squad leaders were good. As we know, life doesn't work out that way.

We flunked because I didn't do a good enough job of leading that platoon. I caught hell for at least a month following that, but it was a lesson that never left me. Over the next 15 months, I would lead three platoons through ARTEPs, one whose squad leaders were "acting jacks", E-4s.

I really liked being in those leadership roles, not for the ego trip, but for challenges that made each day interesting. My attitude was, "if my neck's on the line, then stay out of my way and let me do my job." I wasn't belligerent about it: my style was favored by superiors who valued independence and imagination in their subordinates, not so much from the autocrats.

Sorry for the rant...my son's heard this message virtually ad infinitum for the past year. He's now the Senior Patrol Leader of his Boy Scout troop, and I've been augmenting the leadership training he gets from the adult leaders.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I'm right here and still think this is nothing more than a tempest in a teapot! 

Meanwhile Trump has picked his nominee for FBI Director.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,266271.msg1349413.html#msg1349413
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Technical

Actually it is the fault of Deep State...

Trump supporters are the type of folks who will blame anyone but themselves for their own problems. Just like Trump's own problems are not Trump's. Once i've understood that, it's easier to understand.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump supporters are the type of folks who will blame anyone but themselves for their own problems. Just like Trump's own problems are not Trump's. Once i've understood that, it's easier to understand.

Nevertrumps are the type of folks who will accept and seek out every exaggerated, fake news story against the President because it makes them feel vindicated. Just like the media is always right and never fabricate or slant the news.   Once I've understood that, it's all easier to understand.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Never his fault.

When I bought my house the seller declared that they were leaving because they were tired of all the harassment from the neighbors. When I moved in I got the other side of the story and have gotten along fine with the neighbors for 20 years.

Oceander

Ah yes, good old unnamed "sources".  I have no doubt there's tension because that's how Trump thinks you're supposed to manage: through conflict, but I also don't credit the "divorce" stories coming from unnamed sources. 

• Technical
Ah yes, good old unnamed "sources".  I have no doubt there's tension because that's how Trump thinks you're supposed to manage: through conflict, but I also don't credit the "divorce" stories coming from unnamed sources.

Except Trump publicly criticized the DoJ. Seems to give these claim weight in my opinion.

Offline Victoria33

If I were Jeff Sessions, I would get off the crazy train NOW.  I suppose a number of people joined the Trump administration to either enhance their resumes or in a genuine desire to help the new president undo eight years of near ruin under Obama.  But many of them are finding out that being a part of this administration is not as rewarding as they hoped. And I suspect that when their careers with this administration is over, they might not have much of a career left.   Or their minds.
@mystery-ak
@Applewood
@txradioguy
@Smokin Joe
This is my opinion after studying Trump's lifelong behavior and what he is doing every day.  What you say is true.  "crazy train".  I have tried to explain Trump's lifetime behavior.  He is a blank slate - he has no good or bad side - he has no side.  The only thing real to him is what he thinks at any given moment - he says what he wants the truth to be at that moment, which it isn't but he wants it to be that way, so it is to him.  He doesn't realize it is a lie because to him it is real.

In his life, he has created turmoil every day - he must attack someone/organization every day to make himself better than anyone.  He is doing the same behavior since he became president, every day is chaos he creates because he must to prove to himself he is the "best" of all.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 02:01:00 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm right here and still think this is nothing more than a tempest in a teapot! 

Bless your heart.

So you're still saying that the report yesterday...that Sessions now appears to confirm is fake news?

Interesting.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Victoria33

@Applewood
@mystery-ak
@txradioguy
@roamer_1
@Smokin Joe

Continuing my opinion:  He threatened Comey after he fired him by tweeting something like this: "You better hope no tapes were made when you were in the White House."

He is now faced with Comey tomorrow.  In Trump's mind Comey will be lying as Trump's truth is whatever he wants it to be at that moment.

He is attacking Sessions just as he attacks every person with whom he comes into contact.  He will never stop attacking the Mayor of London and every world leader will get the same attack because he must attack to prove to himself he is the better.  He has done this every day of his life and will not stop.

The above is my analysis of his behavior.