Author Topic: No, the Problem in London Is Not ‘Islamist Extremism’....By Andrew C. McCarthy  (Read 597 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 No, the Problem in London Is Not ‘Islamist Extremism’
Islamists want to impose sharia law on the West — which means all Islamists are ‘extremists.’
By Andrew C. McCarthy — June 5, 2017

The Western schizophrenia about radical Islam is on full display in Britain, in the aftermath of the latest jihadist atrocity, the third in just the past three months.

Three terrorists rammed a van into a crowd on London Bridge and then went on a stabbing rampage, brutally assaulting pedestrians while braying that each blow was struck “for Allah.” A duly outraged Theresa May donned her prime-minister hat to announce that her government is “leading international efforts to take on and defeat the ideology of Islamist extremism around the world.” She also slipped on her amateur-imam cap, adjusted her rose-tinted glasses, and proclaimed that “Islamist extremism” is an ideology

that preaches hatred, sows division and promotes sectarianism. It is an ideology that claims our Western values of freedom, democracy, and human rights are incompatible with the religion of Islam.

And what right-thinking Western politico’s post-mass-murder speech would be complete without May’s insistence that this ideology is — all together now! — “a perversion of Islam and a perversion of the truth.”

Sigh.

more
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/448319/print
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
To speak of “Islamist extremists” is either gibberish or a form of political correctness designed to conceal a position one knows makes no sense but feels compelled to take anyway. Since I believe Prime Minister May is no dolt, I am betting on the latter: She is using “Islamist extremist” as code for “terrorist,” even though she knows, deep down, that this makes no sense — i.e., it is inconsistent with her correct insistence that the violence that aggrieves Britain is ideologically motivated.

Offline dfwgator

Offline the_doc

@Jazzhead @Sanguine @INVAR @Smokin Joe

Andy McCarthy is dead right, as far as his article goes (which is farther than most pundits go in our day!).  The Sharia-centered religion of Islam is necessarily hostile, at its Sharia core, to Western civilization. 

Modern rhetoric says "The jihadists are not true Muslims."  I would not be so sure about that.  In fact, I would turn right around and say, based on McCarthy's inarguable points about the centrality of Sharia law in Islam, that "non-Sharia Muslims are not true Muslims."  That is ultimately a more obvious fact about Islam than the dubious claim  that "Jihadists are not true Muslim." 

For tactical reasons in the larger debate, I suspect, that McCarthy simply finessed an important point in making his case about the problem of Islam/Islamism:  McCarthy's basic argument did not even mention the fact that more than 100 verses in the Koran demand barbaric violence against non-Muslims.  If McCarthy had mentioned that fact of unbridled evil in the Koran, he would have built an even stronger case for abandoning our national security policy (PC?) of "hope against hope for moderation in Islam."

Sadly, morally stupid Western liberals and quite a few stupid "Christians" in the West stupidly overlook and/or gloss over the violence in the bloodthirsty heart of the Muslim scriptures.  I believe that if the West never fully wakes up to that extraordinarily cruel reality in the Koranic core of Islam, we are doomed in our abject stupidity. 

Perhaps we first need to embrace what McCarthy is saying about Sharia law--but I submit that this is not enough.  We have to thread the needle carefully, because it appears that we need to woo moderate (non-Sharia) Muslims into making open denunciations of Muslim radicalism--which denunciations, unfortunately, involve denouncing the Muslim scriptures themselves.  In short, there is a very real sense in which we have to recruit the moderate Muslims away from Islam.  We are currently losing that battle of recruitment, since radicalization around the globe seems to be occurring faster than the growth of moderation.  The jihadists definitely have the Koran on their side, just as much as the non-violent Sharia types do.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:37:28 pm by the_doc »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
@Jazzhead @Sanguine @INVAR @Smokin Joe

Andy McCarthy is dead right, as far as his article goes (which is farther than most pundits go in our day!).  The Sharia-centered religion of Islam is necessarily hostile, at its Sharia core, to Western civilization. 

Modern rhetoric says "The jihadists are not true Muslims."  I would not be so sure about that.  In fact, I would turn right around and say, based on McCarthy's inarguable points about the centrality of Sharia law in Islam, that "non-Sharia Muslims are not true Muslims."  That is ultimately a more obvious fact about Islam than the dubious claim  that "Jihadists are not true Muslim." 

For tactical reasons in the larger debate, I suspect, that McCarthy simply finessed an important point in making his case about the problem of Islam/Islamism:  McCarthy's basic argument did not even mention the fact that more than 100 verses in the Koran demand barbaric violence against non-Muslims.  If McCarthy had mentioned that fact of unbridled evil in the Koran, he would have built an even stronger case for abandoning our national security policy (PC?) of "hope against hope for moderation in Islam."

Sadly, morally stupid Western liberals and quite a few stupid "Christians" in the West stupidly overlook and/or gloss over the violence in the bloodthirsty heart of the Muslim scriptures.  I believe that if the West never fully wakes up to that extraordinarily cruel reality in the Koranic core of Islam, we are doomed in our abject stupidity. 

Perhaps we first need to embrace what McCarthy is saying about Sharia law--but I submit that this is not enough.  We have to thread the needle carefully, because it appears that we need to woo moderate (non-Sharia) Muslims into making open denunciations of Muslim radicalism--which denunciations, unfortunately, involve denouncing the Muslim scriptures themselves.  In short, there is a very real sense in which we have to recruit the moderate Muslims away from Islam.  We are currently losing that battle of recruitment, since radicalization around the globe seems to be occurring faster than the growth of moderation.  The jihadists definitely have the Koran on their side, just as much as the non-violent Sharia types do.

The Crusaders of Europe knew and understood those basic facts.

But since we are willfully ignorant of our own history - that we are hopelessly blind to world history when it comes to understanding Islam, their quest for a global Caliphate and the mandate from their prophet to kill or convert by the sword and subjugate the entire world, is a no-brainer.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
When government grows too big to protect its own people it's time to rethink the concept.