Author Topic: Exclusive: Comey will stop short of saying Trump obstructed justice in Flynn probe, source says  (Read 724 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Exclusive: Comey will stop short of saying Trump obstructed justice in Flynn probe, source says

By JUSTIN FISHEL
    Jonathan Karl

Jun 6, 2017, 2:27 PM ET

There will be much in former FBI Director James Comey’s upcoming congressional testimony that will make the White House uncomfortable, but he will stop short of saying the president interfered with the agency's probe into former national security adviser Michael Flynn, a source familiar with Comey's thinking told ABC News.

Although Comey has told associates he will not accuse the President of obstructing justice, he will dispute the president’s contention that Comey told him three times he is not under investigation.

The president allegedly said he hoped Comey would drop the Flynn investigation, a request that concerned Comey enough that he documented the conversation in a memo shortly after speaking with the president. In the memo, according to sources close to Comey who reviewed it, Trump said: "I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go," during a February meeting.

more
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/exclusive-comey-stop-short-trump-obstructed-justice-flynn/story?id=47865739
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Of course he will or he will go to jail. There is something very off about Comey.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Buzzword out:  "obstruction"   Buzzword in:  "interference"

Offline austingirl

I expect to see of lot of Comey screwing up his face, tilting his head, acting like he is thinking and finally coming out with tortured answers. I can't stand to watch him.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
A pattern. He pursues big targets (Hillary, Trump), claims he can't find enough dirt on them, gets bigtime face time with media.

Slick would be a word for him. Another would be overly political. And a final one would be not competent enough (or courageous enough), to finish his job.

A political operative, a bum, a rat, a sleaze.

What about IRS targeting conservatives? What about Huma Abedin's connections? What about Clinton Foundation quid pro quo?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Of course he will or he will go to jail. There is something very off about Comey.

This is why he refused to testify in closed session.  He wants to create an impression that Trump & Co. did something wrong without saying anything that would land himself in legal jeopardy, and he can only create that false impression by testifying publicly.   

Offline austingirl

A pattern. He pursues big targets (Hillary, Trump), claims he can't find enough dirt on them, gets bigtime face time with media.

Slick would be a word for him. Another would be overly political. And a final one would be not competent enough (or courageous enough), to finish his job.

A political operative, a bum, a rat, a sleaze.

What about IRS targeting conservatives? What about Huma Abedin's connections? What about Clinton Foundation quid pro quo?

Sums it up nicely.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I expect to see of lot of Comey screwing up his face, tilting his head, acting like he is thinking and finally coming out with tortured answers. I can't stand to watch him.

I FULLY expect that anyone watching and expecting to learn anything of substance will be SORELY disappointed!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online dfwgator

I FULLY expect that anyone watching and expecting to learn anything of substance will be SORELY disappointed!

It's called, "Kabuki Theater."

Offline austingirl

Comey's testimony will be the biggest nothing-burger of all time- an even bigger nothing-burger than Hillary's private server-(just ask her.)