Author Topic: Image: Mysterious South Pole formation on Mars  (Read 1659 times)

rangerrebew

Image: Mysterious South Pole formation on Mars
« on: June 06, 2017, 03:39:38 pm »
June 5, 2017

This observation from NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter show it is late summer in the Southern hemisphere, so the Sun is low in the sky and subtle topography is accentuated in orbital images.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2017-06-image-mysterious-south-pole-formation.html#jCp

Offline bolobaby

Re: Image: Mysterious South Pole formation on Mars
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 04:07:18 pm »
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 10:08:20 am »
Wow!

Ping @Quix.

Ping @Hopalong Ginsberg - Deimos ping
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 09:28:02 pm »
One would think they could distinguish collapse from impact based on rim, with such low-angle illumination.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 11:04:02 pm »
Hmmmm. Looks like someone used a huge countersink on it. Maybe there's a screw loose?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 11:06:11 pm »
One would think they could distinguish collapse from impact based on rim, with such low-angle illumination.
Well, after my previous smarta$$ed post, I suppose I could take a stab at it. Impact, followed by collapse, first a hit by cometary fragment that evaporated leaving a deeper hole which collapsed into itself.

It's all SWAG until someone gets boots on the ground, anyway.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 12:41:01 am »
June 5, 2017

This observation from NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter show it is late summer in the Southern hemisphere, so the Sun is low in the sky and subtle topography is accentuated in orbital images.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2017-06-image-mysterious-south-pole-formation.html#jCp

Interesting.

Thanks. Curious.
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline Quix

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 12:42:12 am »
Well, after my previous smarta$$ed post, I suppose I could take a stab at it. Impact, followed by collapse, first a hit by cometary fragment that evaporated leaving a deeper hole which collapsed into itself.

It's all SWAG until someone gets boots on the ground, anyway.

Have you read William Tompkins, Herbert Dorsey & Dr Michael Sala about Navy space fleets, bases etc?
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline Quix

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 12:44:15 am »

I'm curious if you've read any of William Tompkins, Herbert Dorsey, Dr Michael Sala, Dr Jacques Vallee, or even Tom DeLonge? i.e. have you seriously investigated quality research on the topic?

Or are you merely an opportunist sort of skeptic-spewer?

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 12:53:01 am »
I am going to go with a methane blow out

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 01:22:10 am »
Have you read William Tompkins, Herbert Dorsey & Dr Michael Sala about Navy space fleets, bases etc?
No, I haven't.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 01:23:10 am »
Interesting thought, but where did the methane come from?

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2017, 01:31:02 am »
Interesting thought, but where did the methane (blowout) come from?

Maybe this guy ate beans

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2017, 09:29:59 pm »

The Big Fart theory????? :whistle:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2017, 10:49:26 pm »
The Big Fart theory????? :whistle:
Just a squeaker compared to the Solar Wind...

C S Lewis

Oceander

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2017, 01:07:28 am »
It's an interstellar navy docking base for the little greens.