Author Topic: NYT: Trump Frustrated With AG Sessions  (Read 1421 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NYT: Trump Frustrated With AG Sessions
« on: June 06, 2017, 12:45:43 pm »
By Jason Devaney   |   Monday, 05 Jun 2017 10:44 PM

President Donald Trump has reportedly grown frustrated with Attorney General Jeff Sessions, which was evident in his Monday morning Twitter posts that criticized the DOJ and his travel ban.

The New York Times cited administration officials who said the president has started blaming Sessions' DOJ when things do not go the way the White House hoped. One such example, the Times noted, was Sessions' decision to recuse himself from the Russia investigation because of his involvement with Trump's campaign.

There is also the travel order, which Trump has twice tried to enact. The latest order temporarily halts travel from six countries with a terror presence, although it is currently locked up in a court battle.

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/DOJ-attorney-general-The-New-York-Times/2017/06/05/id/794318/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: NYT: Trump Frustrated With AG Sessions
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 01:05:03 pm »
Ya gotta love the traitors at the NYT.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 01:07:16 pm »
More fake news that doesn't have any sources or a shred of evidence.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 01:22:00 pm »
Pretty much a typical every day item now, with the fake new media consortium. President Trump is furious with [insert staff member name or department here]. Who on Trump's staff has he not been angry/frustrated/furious with? The fake news editors have to be running out of names by now. They have already hit just about everybody. From Kellyanne, Bannon, Spicer, and many others, all of these have been reported as being shown the door by the fake news media, and it was all just fantasy nonsense.

Now, they have Sessions on the chopping block, lol. Who will they pick next? I'm guessing that they will start drumming up divorce rumors, (from sources close to the President, of course), lol. I'll even write the headline for them for future use.

Sources say that Trump is furious with Melania, and may file for divorce in the coming weeks.
Is a Trump - Melania split imminent?
Who will Barron choose to live with after the divorce?

Sedition and calumny, it's what they live for. Jerry Springer has nothing on what passes for "news" today.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 02:34:08 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 01:22:20 pm »
At any given moment, Trump will be "frustrated" with someone, both friend and foe. Fake news!

My last battalion commander in Germany was never shy when I occasionally (often?) did something that pi$$ed him off, and he let me know about it. When he called me by my given name, it was SHTF time. I never took it personally, as he forgot about it within a minute after I left his office.

We both ended up at Fort Bliss after Germany, and I would work for him for another 18 months. Yeah, and there were times he was "frustrated" with me, too.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 01:26:19 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 01:25:09 pm »
Since Trump's longstanding, well known management style is intentionally cultivating conflict and strife, this is quite believable. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 01:29:59 pm »
NYT = ALL propaganda ALL the time!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 01:52:42 pm »
NYT = ALL propaganda ALL the time!

Absolutely right!! @Bigun

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 02:00:18 pm »
Yeah, not buying this one until a credible source comes forward.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 02:08:12 pm »
Since Trump's longstanding, well known management style is intentionally cultivating conflict and strife, this is quite believable.

That's what I am thinking.  He has already fired his way through the first part of his term.  I think that President Trump is not happy with anyone that isn't him. 

And we need and FBI Director replacement.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 02:15:42 pm »

Agreed, past behavior establishes credibility.

I also note this is from a media source that Trumpers usually consider to be unquestioned truth....right up to the point it says something they don't want to hear.

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2017, 02:19:53 pm »
More crap from the NYT to feed the base.  The Times is like the head of the human centipede.

Offline endicom

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 02:32:25 pm »

Well known by whom, mushmonger?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2017, 02:34:49 pm »
When Sessions recused himself over Russia, it showed he wasn't fit for the job.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2017, 03:29:46 pm »
More fake news that doesn't have any sources or a shred of evidence.

You know it's fake because?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2017, 03:41:38 pm »
One thing that isn't fake was Trump's tweet criticizing the DoJ. Very bizarre IMO.

Why not do that kind of thing behind closed doors? Does Trump think this is a reality show?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2017, 03:44:49 pm »
Media lying about Trump? Chickens on short final...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2017, 04:27:08 pm »
Agreed, past behavior establishes credibility.

I also note this is from a media source that Trumpers usually consider to be unquestioned truth....right up to the point it says something they don't want to hear.

Er, Trumpers usually consider the NY Times to be the truth?  Not on my planet.

Also, Trump inherited a lot of Obama supporters in various positions.  He should have fired them all on the first day.

I am glad to see that most people are now seeing through the constant propaganda spewed by the NY Times and most main stream media right now.

It is full blast, every day attacks and, if they have to make something up, they will do it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2017, 04:31:33 pm »
You know it's fake because?

Because it is fake on the face of it.  The story does not include any named sources or any verifiable facts.  It is just a hit piece full of innuendos and should never have been published.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2017, 04:33:42 pm »
Because it is fake on the face of it.  The story does not include any named sources or any verifiable facts.  It is just a hit piece full of innuendos and should never have been published.

Got it.  So the next time there is an article with unnamed sources that is favorable of Trump I can just yell "FAKE NEWS" and be done with it?

Do you realize how childish it sounds and looks when people do that?

Did he or did he not rant on twitter about the politically correct version of his travel ban they submitted to the SCOTUS?

Does that not...to any rational thinking person show a frustration by the President with how his Justice Department is handling the situation with the travel ban?

Who is ultimately responsible for what happens at Justice?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 04:35:53 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2017, 04:35:28 pm »
Nope.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 04:39:57 pm by Mod2 »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2017, 05:36:15 pm »
Got it.  So the next time there is an article with unnamed sources that is favorable of Trump I can just yell "FAKE NEWS" and be done with it?

Did he or did he not rant on twitter about the politically correct version of his travel ban they submitted to the SCOTUS?

Does that not...to any rational thinking person show a frustration by the President with how his Justice Department is handling the situation with the travel ban?

Okay, don't go off on me.

I was referring to this one story which has no legs and maybe no arms.

You are allowed to yell fake news if it is fake news no matter who it favors.

You will also be given a time out for using the word 'childish' too much.  It is demeaning to the adults on this forum.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2017, 12:29:56 pm »

People seem to forget that protecting anonymous sources is itself a founding principle of press freedom in this country that has been protected by the courts 9 times out of 10.

Look at Watergate and the anonymity of "Deep Throat". He remained anonymous till after his death a few years ago but his anonymity didn't make him a liar or his info "fake".

Wingnut

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2017, 12:37:35 pm »
People seem to forget that protecting anonymous sources is itself a founding principle of press freedom in this country that has been protected by the courts 9 times out of 10.

Look at Watergate and the anonymity of "Deep Throat". He remained anonymous till after his death a few years ago but his anonymity didn't make him a liar or his info "fake".

That was back when most Papers had standards and credibility.  That ship sailed 15-20 years ago with the advent of 24 hour news.  Today "unnamed sources" and "Someone close to the ________" are nothing more than code words for we don't give a shit if its true so we are going to run it anyway.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2017, 12:45:06 pm »

Agreed.   The  problem isn't the NYT, it's disloyalty and sedition on the part of folks within the executive branch.    The NYT is lapping up the crap it is fed from the deep state because it furthers the agenda of both.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide