Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: United States considers withdrawing from UN Human Rights Council 'over treatment of ally Israel'  (Read 446 times)

rangerrebew

BREAKING NEWS: United States considers withdrawing from UN Human Rights Council 'over treatment of ally Israel'

By Jay Akbar For Mailonline

Published: 06:33 EDT, 6 June 2017 | Updated: 07:28 EDT, 6 June 2017

The United States is considering withdrawing from the United Nations body on human rights.

Highlighting what it deemed a 'biased' stance on Israel, UN ambassador Nikki Haley said the US was 'looking carefully' at its role on the Human Rights Council (UNHRC).

'The United States is looking carefully at this Council and our participation in it,' Haley told the Geneva forum in her first address. 'We see some areas for significant strengthening.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4576672/United-States-withdrawing-Human-Rights-Council.html#ixzz4jDlyU9z4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Joke council in bigger joke organization.  Rwanda and China are current members.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline dfwgator

If only it said,  "United States considers withdrawing from UN"

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
We see some areas for significant strengthening.

Yeah, like stop funding terrorism.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
If only it said,  "United States considers withdrawing from UN"

Yes, but this could be a start.

Offline Fantom

Good, the planet is due a power realignment.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass