Author Topic: 85% drop in food stamp recipients in AL counties where work requirement restarted  (Read 316 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
85% drop in food stamp recipients in AL counties where work requirement restarted

By Rick Moran June 6, 2017

From our file named "Duh."  The Alabama Department of Human Resources says 13 counties that reinitiated a work requirement for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as the food stamp program, saw an 85% drop in recipients.

The counties had been exempt from the work requirement due to high levels of unemployment.  But with the economy recovering, the state of Alabama restarted the work requirement on January 1 this year, which resulted in the massive drop in SNAP participants.

snip

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/06/85_drop_in_food_stamp_recipients_in_al_counties_where_work_requirement_restarted.html#ixzz4jEm9ISQm
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

Funny how that works.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Amazing!  Simply amazing!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Geez, even Bill Clinton figured that out a few decades ago.