Author Topic: Haley: Trump 'believes the climate is changing'  (Read 385 times)

Offline Suppressed

Haley: Trump 'believes the climate is changing'
« on: June 04, 2017, 01:05:52 am »
Haley: Trump 'believes the climate is changing'
Tom Vanden Brook , USA TODAY 2:53 p.m. ET June 3, 2017

U.S. Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley speaks to the media in the Brady Press Briefing Room of the White House in Washington on April 24, 2017. (Photo: Pablo Martinez Monsivais, AP)

President Trump believes climate change is real and human activity contributes to it, U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley told CBS on Saturday.

Haley's statement follows two days of evading questions by the White House on Trump's beliefs on global warming, which in the past he has referred to as a "hoax."

Haley told CBS' Face The Nation repeatedly in an interview scheduled for broadcast Sunday that Trump acknowledges the climate is changing. On Thursday, he announced that he was withdrawing the United States from the 2015 Paris climate agreement that seeks to limit global warming through cuts in carbon emissions.

"The president believes the climate is changing," Haley said. "And he does know that pollutants are a part of that equation."

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

Re: Haley: Trump 'believes the climate is changing'
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 01:06:32 am »
Whew!

I was getting nervous he wasn't feeling well...he hadn't taken the other side of this issue yet!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 01:10:05 am »
Well he did want to "Renegotiate" the Paris agreement which he called unfair.

I'm not exactly sure how one renegotiates a better falsehood.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 01:10:41 am »
Whew!

I was getting nervous he wasn't feeling well...he hadn't taken the other side of this issue yet!

:bigsilly:

Offline verga

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 02:49:50 am »
O course the climate is changing just like it has since the Earth was created. We have had five major ice ages, the first 2.5 billion years ago, the last one about 17,000 years ago. In between there have been several minor ice ages. All of these have had periods of global warming. It is normal and cyclic, and there is darn little if anything that human being can do to alter it short of all out Nuclear war.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 02:53:31 am »
O course the climate is changing just like it has since the Earth was created. We have had five major ice ages, the first 2.5 billion years ago, the last one about 17,000 years ago. In between there have been several minor ice ages. All of these have had periods of global warming. It is normal and cyclic, and there is darn little if anything that human being can do to alter it short of all out Nuclear war.

Not according to Trump, at least according to Haley.