Author Topic: 'Van hits pedestrians' on London Bridge in 'major incident'  (Read 17112 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: 'Van hits pedestrians' on London Bridge in 'major incident'
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2017, 12:19:05 am »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3717339/london-bridge-attack-car-police-response-latest/

Sun reporting a bit more than the more mainstream sources going from what the Government is stating. So, make one's own judgements.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 12:19:29 am by TomSea »

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2017, 12:32:18 am »
I saw one comment that May helped bring these people in But... the Tories should likely do well still (and benefit?). I don't want to say anything in poor taste.

It wouldn't surprise me if they elected Corbyn to halt Brexit and open the floodgates to more islammigration.  Peter Hitchens thinks the country is doomed, and it's tough to argue with him.  The whole chain of events leading up to this is beyond absurd.

Oceander

« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2017, 12:33:08 am »
Just now hearing about this via text.

Who do they think did this? Presbyterians? Catholics? Old white guys? Jews? Dang, I hope nobody jumps to unfair conclusions. Do you suppose Trump is behind it to take scrutiny off of him? 

< /s >  <--(for those who need it)

Probably the Scots who are still miffed about the Brexit vote. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2017, 12:36:20 am »
It wouldn't surprise me if they elected Corbyn to halt Brexit and open the floodgates to more islammigration.  Peter Hitchens thinks the country is doomed, and it's tough to argue with him.  The whole chain of events leading up to this is beyond absurd.

Agreed.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2017, 12:39:06 am »
 Breaking News‏ @NewsOnTheMin 9m9 minutes ago

#Breaking 2 Attackers have been shot dead by armed police in Central London
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2017, 12:51:32 am »
Just learning of this while having dinner with the wife on our way back from the Gun range. Where we all need to spend more time, because this horror is coming here.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Oceander

« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2017, 01:04:19 am »
The London police are now saying that the Vauxhall incident isn't connected to the other two. 

Wingnut

« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2017, 01:11:14 am »
London Mayor Sadiq Khan describes bridge area incidents as "deliberate and cowardly attack on innocent Londoners." 

Hmmm...but not terrorism?  Curious

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2017, 01:20:40 am »
Just learning of this while having dinner with the wife on our way back from the Gun range. Where we all need to spend more time, because this horror is coming here.

Me and the missus just bought our family membership at the gun range on post today. Looks like we're gonna need it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Oceander

« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2017, 01:24:54 am »
What will really be needed is good situational awareness and the ability to avoid being hit, more so than carrying a weapon.  How many people would have enough situational awareness to realize a car or truck had suddenly turned into a weapon aimed at them in to avoid being hit?

Offline Idiot

« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2017, 01:27:41 am »

Pretty much says it all right there...    **nononono*

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2017, 01:33:35 am »
London Mayor Sadiq Khan describes bridge area incidents as "deliberate and cowardly attack on innocent Londoners." 

Hmmm...but not terrorism?  Curious

The Mayor is a nutjob.

According to BBC @Wingnut  ...  the "incidents" at London Bridge and Borough Market are terrorism; and three hospitals are on safety lockdown.

More, from The Guardian here:  "London attacks: incidents at London Bridge and Borough Market confirmed as terrorism – live updates"  https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2017/jun/03/london-bridge-closed-after-serious-police-incident-live

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2017, 01:37:30 am »
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago

Whatever the United States can do to help out in London and the U. K., we will be there - WE ARE WITH YOU. GOD BLESS!

13,401 replies 31,334 retweets 101,669 likes
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago

We need to be smart, vigilant and tough. We need the courts to give us back our rights. We need the Travel Ban as an extra level of safety!

« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2017, 01:39:14 am »
Jihadi terrorists shouting 'this is for Allah' kill seven in knife frenzy at 'FIVE' locations in the capital: Hunt for men with 12in blades who began the rampage by mowing down revellers on London Bridge 
Daily Mail, Jun, 3, 2017

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2017, 01:43:55 am »
Witness says saw people who appeared to have throats cut on London Bridge
Yahoo News, Jun 3, 2017, Reuters

LONDON (Reuters) - A person who was on London Bridge after an incident on Saturday told a Reuters reporter that she saw three people who appeared to have their throats cut.

The London ambulance service said it was responding to the incident.

Reuters was unable to immediately verify the statement by the witness.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/witness-says-saw-people-appeared-throats-cut-london-220906559.html

« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2017, 01:58:58 am »

@TomSea This is a response from Reza Aslan, Iranian-born religious scholar and host on CNN:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2017, 02:00:38 am »
What will really be needed is good situational awareness and the ability to avoid being hit, more so than carrying a weapon.  How many people would have enough situational awareness to realize a car or truck had suddenly turned into a weapon aimed at them in to avoid being hit?
The problem comes from not being able to determine intent. Is it a jihadi trying to run over as many people as possible or a little old lady who stepped on the wrong pedal and panicked?
Bust caps in the old lady and you are the monster. Get out of the way, draw, track the target, and if/when they get out, decide. Fire if they have anything in their hands that looks like a weapon.

Remember that you will have to justify the shoot, regardless of the mayhem, or you could be the one facing charges.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2017, 02:03:24 am »
Most anyone who has ever ridden a street bike (motorcycle) or even a bicycle, for starters.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Oceander

« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2017, 02:03:33 am »
The problem comes from not being able to determine intent. Is it a jihadi trying to run over as many people as possible or a little old lady who stepped on the wrong pedal and panicked?
Bust caps in the old lady and you are the monster. Get out of the way, draw, track the target, and if/when they get out, decide. Fire if they have anything in their hands that looks like a weapon.

Remember that you will have to justify the shoot, regardless of the mayhem, or you could be the one facing charges.

That's why I would emphasize being aware enough to jump out of the way; not getting a couple of shots off.

Oceander

« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2017, 02:04:35 am »
Most anyone who has ever ridden a street bike (motorcycle) or even a bicycle, for starters.

Generally, yes.  But you have to maintain that awareness while you're on holiday, for example, when you would least expect it.  That's hard to do, at least without becoming paranoid.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2017, 02:06:36 am »
That's why I would emphasize being aware enough to jump out of the way; not getting a couple of shots off.
Right. Staying in a position to assess the situation is the first priority (and also makes it easier to render aid to the injured, afterwards). The shooting won't be preemptive, because civilian ROE won't allow for that, and there are other possibilities besides malicious intent.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2017, 02:08:14 am »
@TomSea This is a response from Reza Aslan, Iranian-born religious scholar and host on CNN:

Reza needs to join Kathy Griffin.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2017, 02:11:57 am »
Generally, yes.  But you have to maintain that awareness while you're on holiday, for example, when you would least expect it.  That's hard to do, at least without becoming paranoid.
Actually, after decades in the saddle, it is second nature, no matter what is going on. Not just eyes, but ears, motor sounds, commotions, etc. I tended bar in a biker bar years ago, and those instincts for spotting developing trouble, changes in a crowd, just don't go away. I'm not paranoid, just tuned in to the surroundings.

I do the same out in the boonies, where I will just sit still and let the normal critter noises/activity come back, which were interrupted by my arrival. Then I have a baseline of sounds that are 'normal', and disruptions in that, sudden bird movements, etc., can herald potential trouble. Squirrels and Jays are common tattle tales, and good warning systems.

C S Lewis

« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2017, 02:23:47 am »

Well, this didn't take long @mystery-ak    The American version:

« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 02:25:01 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Wingnut

« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2017, 02:24:32 am »
I always keep my head on a swivel whether it be on my bike or out in public.  I plan on keeping my head when others around me are losing theirs.  Literally and figuratively speaking.