Author Topic: University Of Missouri Decided To Take Black Lives Matter Seriously. The Result: Nobody Enrolled.  (Read 978 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Over a year and a half after the infamous #Concerned1950 students made waves at the University of Missouri, the university is finally reaping the benefits of caving into the Black Lives Matter rhetoric. According to Heat Street, the incoming freshman class at Mizzou is only 4,009 students. This is a staggering 35% decrease from the entering class in Fall 2015 when the protests occurred following four questionable incidents on campus.

Heat Street continues:

This is the second year in a row that Mizzou has seen its freshman class decline, a drop directly linked to the raucous Fall 2015 protests, which contributed to the resignation of both the university’s president and its chancellor.

The raucous protests — which were sparked by various incident of alleged racism, racist graffiti and “hate crimes” on campus — were enormously damaging to the university’s reputation, scaring away prospective students in droves.

As a result of the dramatic decrease in enrollment at Mizzou, seven residence halls will be "offline." This comes as a result of the considerable backlash that the University received for how it handled itself following the self-righteous protests. Many parents and alumni responded by refusing to contribute money to the public university. For example, donations to its athletics department dropped 72% last year.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/16288/university-missouri-decided-take-black-lives-elliott-hamilton
Mizzou really crippled its athletic dept.  In 2016, it sold 8,216 less season tickets than prior year, and cannot fill its football stadium. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/11/14/university-of-missouri-sees-football-game-attendance-slip/93799756/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Oceander

Karmas a real bitch. 

Wingnut

Once you go black you can never go back. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Who can blame anyone for not wanting to go there?

I know I had two years of race riots in High School, and there would be no way I would pay to put up with more of that sh*t. They couldn't give it to me free.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

Karmas a real bitch.

I don't mean to be an alarmist, but I saw Karma buying a 15" strap on at the adult store last night.

I enviosion this future contact:

From the desk of the SEC Commisioner; Goodbye Mizzou. We hardly knew you.

Barba non facit philosophum.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I don't mean to be an alarmist, but I saw Karma buying a 15" strap on at the adult store last night.

I enviosion this future contact:

From the desk of the SEC Commisioner; Goodbye Mizzou. We hardly knew you.
After karma runs over their dogma, it will back up and go forward a few times to make sure...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

No dinner for you.
Just desserts.

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

After karma runs over their dogma, it will back up and go forward a few times to make sure...

Always does.

Thump! Thump!
Barba non facit philosophum.

Offline dfwgator

Guess they'll be a "Historically Black College" before long.

Wingnut

Guess they'll be a "Historically Black College" before long.

Or a JUCO!   Which would be the same actually!   LOL

Offline verga

TSK tsk tsk, that's a shame a real crying shame. I wonder if this will have an impact on other campuses that decide to follow in their footsteps. Nah probably not.

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Wingnut

TSK tsk tsk, that's a shame a real crying shame. I wonder if this will have an impact on other campuses that decide to follow in their footsteps. Nah probably not.

Evergreen College may be the next test case.

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline verga

Evergreen College may be the next test case.
  :amen: @Wingnut from your lips to God's ears.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.