Author Topic: Bill Maher says he is ‘very sorry’ for using a racial slur on his HBO show  (Read 992 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Bill Maher says he is ‘very sorry’ for using a racial slur on his HBO show
Washington Post, Jun 3, 2017

HBO late-night host Bill Maher apologized for using a racial slur during an interview on his show, “Real Time,” which led to a firestorm of criticism, including from the cable network.

“Friday nights are always my worst night of sleep because I’m up reflecting on the things I should or shouldn’t have said on my live show,” Maher said in a brief statement Saturday. “Last night was a particularly long night as a I regret the word I used in the banter of a live moment. The word was offensive and I regret saying it and am very sorry.”

Maher’s apology came the day after he used the n-word during a conversation with Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.). The comment immediately drew condemnation across the political spectrum.

In a statement sent to media outlets, HBO called Maher’s comments “inexcusable and tasteless” and said the cable network will remove that segment from future airings of the show.

Others, including Black Lives Matter activist DeRay Mckesson and Jack Posobiec, a Trump supporter who writes for the right-wing site Rebel Media, have called for Maher to be fired. #FireBillMaher is circulating on Twitter.

More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/06/03/bill-maher-faces-calls-for-firing-after-using-the-n-word-on-his-hbo-show/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.8b9e61e5a9fd

How long until the press conference blaming President Trump?

Offline Frank Cannon

He is just sorry he let his slip show and now we know he is a racist POS Leftist like all the rest of them.

BTW, when is Rev Al and Rev Jackson going to be hitting the picket line in front of HBO headquarters?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

At least he isn't taunting and goading them. Should be fine.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

At least he isn't taunting and goading them. Should be fine.

88devil

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

“We’d love to have you work in the fields with us,” Sasse said.

“Work in the fields? Senator, I’m a house n—–,” Maher said, raising both of his hands up. “No it’s — it’s a joke.”

The audience cheered.

The audience cheered.

Can you imagine if, say for instance, Sean Hannity had said something like this?

Why, all the left-wing media outlets would be in 24/7 feeding frenzy mode.

I can hear them now. Crucify him! Crucify him!
And Hannity would never be able to show his face in public again.

But watch and see. Maher will skate.

The audience cheered.

Hypocrites.
Barba non facit philosophum.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Keep choppin' dat cotton, Billy boy.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
How many rappers have said this word?

What about Chris Rock?

Never hear a peep of criticism about them.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How many rappers have said this word?

What about Chris Rock?

Never hear a peep of criticism about them.
You forgot Liberal rule number one:

It's okay when they do it.

Just not for anyone else.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis