Author Topic: UPDATE - Glen Campbell: Glen Campbell's Daughter: 'He's Just Happy Every Day'  (Read 3194 times)

Offline libertybele

I've watched the documentary on his life and Alzheimer's settling in and how it has affected the legendary and extraordinarily talented Glen Campbell ... I cried.  My hubby bought me his latest album "I'm Not Gonna Miss You" ... I cried.  I just listened to "Aidos" ... I teared up again. 

Currently in the late stages of Alzheimer's disease, country legend Glen Campell will release his final studio album on June 9th. Titled Adiós, the project is a heartbreaking yet uplifting collection of Campbell's favorite songs, most of which he had never before recorded.

Enjoy (grab a tissue):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8TsAh-zYFI&list=PLqkALYbbNTMVqE4z-PVapK1fMs5H4ku6h

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzQQoUx1oOU

http://www.rollingstone.com/country/news/glen-campbells-daughter-gives-alzheimers-update-w485150

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Glen Campbell has a wonderful wife, and a wonderful daughter, to have stayed right by his side during these difficult days.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

Why wouldn't he be happy? He rides out on a horse in a star-spangled rodeo, he gets cards and letters from people he don't even know and gets offers comin' in over the phone

Offline libertybele

Glen Campbell has a wonderful wife, and a wonderful daughter, to have stayed right by his side during these difficult days.

The relationship between Glen and his family and in particular, his daughter Ashley is wonderful ... if you haven't seen the documentary, "I'll Be Me",  it is well worth the time.  It covers the beginning of his career...his extraordinary accomplishments ... his struggles ... and on tour with Alzheimer's disease .... truly astonishing!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Why wouldn't he be happy? He rides out on a horse in a star-spangled rodeo, he gets cards and letters from people he don't even know and gets offers comin' in over the phone

:beer: 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQbOM1SN0uA

Offline truth_seeker

The relationship between Glen and his family and in particular, his daughter Ashley is wonderful ... if you haven't seen the documentary, "I'll Be Me",  it is well worth the time.  It covers the beginning of his career...his extraordinary accomplishments ... his struggles ... and on tour with Alzheimer's disease .... truly astonishing!

I did watch the documentary. I like him and I like his music. I do not know the precise definition of "Alzheimers" versus normal aging and mental changes. My mother is nearing 92 1/2 and is changing.

There is a 1965 video of Glen playing banjo alongside Leon Russell in a 1965 session of "Shindig" probably filmed live in Los Angeles when they were both in the "Wrecking Crew."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Tfm3syUOM

Offline libertybele

I did watch the documentary. I like him and I like his music. I do not know the precise definition of "Alzheimers" versus normal aging and mental changes. My mother is nearing 92 1/2 and is changing.

There is a 1965 video of Glen playing banjo alongside Leon Russell in a 1965 session of "Shindig" probably filmed live in Los Angeles when they were both in the "Wrecking Crew."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Tfm3syUOM

Thanks for the video ... until I had seen the documentary I had no idea that Campbell was part of the 'Wrecking Crew'.

In a nutshell, dementia is a syndrome, and Alzheimer's is the cause of the symptom.

http://www.alzheimersreadingroom.com/2014/08/difference-between-alzheimers-and-dementia.html

Offline truth_seeker

Thanks for the video ... until I had seen the documentary I had no idea that Campbell was part of the 'Wrecking Crew'.

Wrecking Crew is an interesting story.

And another cool story is the "Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section" aka the "Swampers," who backed many hits.

There is another video about Muscle Shoals recording studio (there were actually two)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_Shoals_Rhythm_Section

« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 09:19:09 pm by truth_seeker »

Offline libertybele

One of the most amazing 'dueling banjos' I've ever watched!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ynhCAZ8KIo

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
They say ignorance is bliss, so for a man who has to have forgotten almost everything at this point, he has nothing to burden him. "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose."

True happiness is the sign of a man at peace.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024