Author Topic: Kerry blasts Trump's 'willful ignorance' on Paris deal  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Kerry blasts Trump's 'willful ignorance' on Paris deal
« on: June 02, 2017, 12:45:15 am »
Kerry blasts Trump's 'willful ignorance' on Paris deal
The Hill, Jun 1, 2017

Former Secretary of State John Kerry on Thursday slammed President Trump’s "willful ignorance" in withdrawing from the Paris climate agreement, calling it "self-destructive."

"This is an unprecedented forfeiture of American leadership which will cost us influence, cost us jobs, and invite other countries to walk away from solving humanity’s most existential crisis," Kerry said in a statement posted on Facebook.

“It isolates the United States after we had united the world,” Kerry continued. “For our economy, security, leadership, competitiveness, and health, the clear-cut choice was to remain in the Paris Agreement.”

“There is only one reason to instead make this choice: an ignorant, cynical appeal to an anti-science, special-interest faction far outside the mainstream. That is no basis for a decision that will affect billions of lives."

More: http://thehill.com/homenews/news/335996-kerry-blasts-trumps-willful-ignorance-on-paris-deal

Offline skeeter

Re: Kerry blasts Trump's 'willful ignorance' on Paris deal
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 12:57:41 am »
Kerry should ask James Taylor to sing to Trump. Maybe that'll change his mind.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 01:02:02 am »
Kerry looks like he has had even more bad plastic surgery. His face is masklike. Creepy.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 01:17:37 am »
Kerry looks like he has had even more bad plastic surgery. His face is masklike. Creepy.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 01:37:18 am »
John F'n Kerry is a REALLY smart guy! Put himself in for enough Purple Hearts to get himself out of Vietnam in 3 months!  That takes talent!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 02:10:57 am »
Isn't it telling that the list of losers who wish us taxpayers continue funding rich fatcats like Elon Musk is growing?

Romney, Kerry, McCain, Algore, the lost keeps going.  All of these are independently wealthy, so why don't they just setup a fund to give money to Paris?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 07:00:00 am »
John F'n Kerry is a REALLY smart guy! Put himself in for enough Purple Hearts to get himself out of Vietnam in 3 months!  That takes talent!
And at least two band aids. I always wondered if Forrest Gump getting hit in the buttocks wasn't a poke at Kerry...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2017, 02:25:46 pm »
And at least two band aids. I always wondered if Forrest Gump getting hit in the buttocks wasn't a poke at Kerry...

Could be!  I can also tell you that every single member of my unit received wounds worse than any suffered by Kerry on a regular basis and just soldiered on.  Most of the time never even seeing the medics unless signs of infection appeared.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2017, 02:33:57 pm »
Show of hands ... who wants to introduce his head to a 2x4?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Obb4Ri9R0

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2017, 02:37:10 pm »
I get such a kick out of Kerry talking about American leadership   :smokin:

(He's really PO'd   :laugh:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ganu_t4xVuY

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2017, 02:39:22 pm »
Kerry and Hanks are cousins.

https://famouskin.com/famous-kin-chart.php?name=9361+tom+hanks&kin=39858+john+kerry&via=4854+john+grey
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2017, 03:58:09 pm »
Says JOHN KERRY the 'show the enemy your heels PBR CO who dropped a hand grenade into a sampan full of rice, turned his back on it to see his crew hit the deck, and wondered what was going on.

And the 4 second fuse on the grenade went off shooting ole 'Cut and Run' JK in the a** with that deadly Communist fragmentation rice, for which he put himself in for a Purple Heart.

When it comes to Willful Ignorance, Kerry has the 'Experience Needed' to tell us all about it./S

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2017, 04:23:09 pm »
Kerry and Hanks are cousins.

https://famouskin.com/famous-kin-chart.php?name=9361+tom+hanks&kin=39858+john+kerry&via=4854+john+grey
Well, at least it doesn't go back completely to Adam.Seventeenth cousin 3 times removed? What's that? When the vikings raided a villiage, their gn grandmother mother was two villages away or something like that? (Anything past second cousin, she's fair game!)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis