Author Topic: Kathy Griffin says she’s been contacted by Secret Service  (Read 1041 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Kathy Griffin says she’s been contacted by Secret Service

By Yaron Steinbuch

June 2, 2017 | 1:51pm | Updated

A tearful yet defiant Kathy Griffin apologized again Friday for a video showing her holding a likeness of President Trump’s bloody head – a gag for which she said she has gotten death threats and a call from the Secret Service.

“A sitting president of the United States and his grown children and the first lady are personally trying to ruin my life forever,” the embattled comic said during a rambling press conference.

more w/video
http://nypost.com/2017/06/02/kathy-griffin-says-shes-been-contacted-by-secret-service/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Kathy Griffin says she’s been contacted by Secret Service
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 02:03:57 pm »
@mystery-ak

It was mentioned in NJ yesterday because two huge venues cancelled her upcoming shows.

http://nj1015.com/kathy-griffin-shows-cancelled-by-2-nj-venues/

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 02:04:52 pm »
What did she expect?

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 02:22:01 pm »
What did she expect?

Adulation and a parade.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 02:27:50 pm »
If she hadn't been, the Secret Service wouldn't be doing their job.

This woman is an idiot.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 02:33:18 pm »
What did she expect?

The left has gotten away with threats of violence and death to Republicans for a long time.

It's not really surprising that it's escalated to this, and that she would expect to get away with it too.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 02:42:27 pm »
If she hadn't been, the Secret Service wouldn't be doing their job.

This woman is an idiot.
Not an idiot.  She knew exactly what she was doing.

More like a criminal for threatening a federal official.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 03:29:05 pm »
Not an idiot.  She knew exactly what she was doing.

More like a criminal for threatening a federal official.

That wasn't an obvious threat. 

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2017, 03:46:48 pm »
That wasn't an obvious threat.

I think, and I have only rudimentary legal training, that what she did could qualify as 'incitement to violence against the President'. I don't think it could be made any more clear that by her 'joke', she was saying to the world that she wants President Trump to be brutally murdered. That was the whole point as I see it. That was the 'joke'.

And it was clearly a reference to ISIS. Whether she actually supports ISIS, and their methods of torture and execution is now in question. I don't think she does, but she is who started all of this. Now you have to wonder?

We shall have to wait and see what comes of this.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2017, 03:59:43 pm »
Not much attention being paid to the photographer who actually came up with the idea.

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2017, 04:07:02 pm »

I think, and I have only rudimentary legal training, that what she did could qualify as 'incitement to violence against the President'. I don't think it could be made any more clear that by her 'joke', she was saying to the world that she wants President Trump to be brutally murdered. That was the whole point as I see it. That was the 'joke'.

And it was clearly a reference to ISIS. Whether she actually supports ISIS, and their methods of torture and execution is now in question. I don't think she does, but she is who started all of this. Now you have to wonder?

We shall have to wait and see what comes of this.

I don't see incitement there.  The Secret Service is right to stick their noses into her business to see if there's anything more dire behind the scenes, but the image itself is almost certainly not actionable.