Author Topic: Here's the tax scandal every American should be outraged over  (Read 918 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

There's a massive multi-trillion dollar scandal going on nationwide that would make even Bernie Madoff blush. It's a conspiracy that involves government bureaucrats, politicians from both parties, and a big chunk of the public being left in the dark. It shatters a key liberal belief and a separate example of conservative dogma.

The scandal first was uncovered earlier this week by Terry Jeffrey at CNS News when he looked at federal revenue numbers and noted that Americans are paying more than twice the amount of federal taxes they were when President John F. Kennedy first took office in 1961. Yes, that's adjusted for inflation with a jump from $4,121 per person in current dollars 46 years ago to $10,114 in 2016.

And yes, that's per person, not per taxpaying person. We're talking more than ten grand for every one of the 323 million-plus people in the U.S.

That got me thinking about a lot of other questions, starting with: What does this mean for the tax burden for every American who actually pays federal taxes?

That's where it gets worse. In 1961 about 49 million Americans paid federal taxes. In current inflation-adjusted dollars, they paid $15,477 per taxpayer in federal taxes.

Ninety-three million Americans paid federal taxes in 2016, broadening that tax base by almost 100 percent since JFK. But the federal tax burden per taxpayer jumped to $35,053.

And now it's time to look at the political bigger picture.

There are many reasons why this is a scandal, starting with the fact that despite this tax burden reality politicians often boast about how tax rates are much lower than they were in 1961. And the next part of the scandal is the federal debt is still growing at $20 trillion and counting.

More: http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/02/a-tax-scandal-every-american-should-be-outraged-over-commentary.html
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 09:53:53 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline DB

Re: Here's the tax scandal every American should be outraged over
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 10:27:58 pm »
This is one of the big reasons the middle class is being destroyed in this country.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 10:58:59 pm »
This is one of the big reasons the middle class is being destroyed in this country.

By design, of course. Our rulers will not stop until there is only the ruling class and the serfs. I wonder what our allowance will be?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 11:19:16 pm »
Scandal?  It shuod be, but it won't be.  Many people don't pay taxes, they collect them.  For the rest that do pay taxes, ask most of them how much money they paid in taxes this year and they'll tell you they didn't pay any, in fact they got some back this year.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 12:49:09 am »
We will never again be a truly free people for so long as we continue to abide the Marxist income tax and the IRS!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien